S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Audi order process

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-1999, 05:26 PM
Chicago Joe

Default No kidding

The least he could have done was to suggest buying a Porsche 996 Carerra 4 or a Lamborghini Diablo VT. Suggesting a Subaru was most rude.
Old 12-03-1999, 06:01 PM
hwj

Default Well, depends on which Subaru we're talking about here...

I mean, if this guy could sneak one of these babies through U.S. import controls, I'd probably forgive him.

Maybe. <ul><li><a href="http://www.caranddriver.com/FrameSet/0,1350,_sl_NewArticle_sl_0_cm_1633_cm_1160_1_16_cm _00,00.html">Subaru Impreza 22B STi</a></li></ul>
Old 12-03-1999, 06:52 PM
Chicago Joe

Default Enjoy it while you can...

The way WSJ tells it, Subaru may soon be known as "Subaru, a unit of General Motors Japan."
Old 12-03-1999, 09:26 PM
Cameron

Default Tactless clowns like this are why we have a 996T on order instead of an S4.

NT
Old 12-04-1999, 02:02 AM
ChuckH

I hope this isn't your method of getting more customers! S-T-R-I-K-E-!
Old 12-04-1999, 08:41 AM
Leon Oxley

Default Re: Now hold on there, Leon....

Phew! I hit a few nerves didn't I?
I have tried to respond directly to the people who had the strongest remarks, some clown even threatened me with violence. Anyway, before the lynch mob continue I would like to say a couple more comments.
1) How would you feel if someone had attacked you integrity on the internet for the whole world to read, using false information in the process?
2) If it was a case of simply getting the customers money would I seriously have considered posting my remarks on the forum knowing it would very probably "blacklist" me with you A4.org people. Defending my honesty is more important to me.
3) The car was actually about 2-3 weeks later than the delivery date I anticipated, not promised. Not too bad for Audi I think you will all agree.
4) My comments were not an attack on Jim, and having just read them again I find it hard to see how it would seem that way.
And finally, this "sleazebag" salesperson, as some of you called me, came to work on his day off to deliver the car to Jim, unfortunately it never showed. The "sleaze" also stayed late on Wednesday to take the pictures of the car coming off the truck so Jim could take the long haul back to Richmond. I'm such a "sleaze" Jim trusted me with his video camera (a very nice camera too)
I'm not expecting any medals for that it's just the nature of the business, but again, from the comments made about me and my dealership you wouldn't think I'd be the type to do that.
Thank-you to all the people who have purchased vehicles from me that took the time to send messages of encouragement. In five years of representing Porsche and Audi this is the first disatisfied customer I've had. One to many, but still a good average don't you think?
How do you get an Audi salesman down from a tree?
Cut the rope!!!
Old 12-04-1999, 12:10 PM
Darin

I agree--lots of people on steroids or too much caffeine. Chill.
Old 12-04-1999, 12:12 PM
Jim De Arras

Default The details differ from your account, Leon. And in point 1, you call me a liar. Slander perhaps?

And that's my only public comment on this posting by my "salesman".

Thank God I love the car, else the check would've just been stopped.
Old 12-04-1999, 01:13 PM
Tommy T

Default The one astonishing thing is that Leon didn't post anonymously.

That took some guts, or was simply stupid in the extreme.

Tommy T
00 S4 bad dealer experience of my own, but no details yet.
Old 12-04-1999, 01:18 PM
Tommy T

Default Maybe Leon could use this...

... for foot in mouth extraction.

Tommy T
00 S4 silver/onyx/prophylactically oversized shoes<ul><li><a href="http://store.yahoo.com/netnails/10362.html">Crowbar</a></li></ul>

Quick Reply: Audi order process