S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Audi's after service survey phone call...God I love those things...

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2003, 04:57 AM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi's after service survey phone call...God I love those things...

Audi: When your car is out of warranty will you still bring it to [insert dealer name here] for service?

daphne: Um, no. [n.b. this is after giving my dealer less than perfect marks)

Audi: I'm sorry to hear that. Why not?

daphne: Because I am not willing to pay a premium for poor service.

Audi: Will you go to another dealer or an independent shop?

daphne: See above.
Old 08-28-2003, 05:47 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default You would think those people get tired of hearing about the crap that goes on...

I went like 4 or 5 service visits before I finally got a survey call. This was after my 19 day visit for low oil pressure/bad oil pump. First off, I told him he probably didn't want to talk to me about that service visit, but he wouldn't take no for an answer. When he asked about the cleanliness of my car upon return, I said that 1 wasn't low enough - I wanted him to write down either zero or negative 1. They had left greasy hand and finger prints everywhere on my silver leather, gave it back to me dirty, took it back and said they would clean it up and then just vacuumed the floor mats and gave it back to me! He made some lame comment about my car being in for service a long time and that it sounded like I wasn't very happy with my service dept. Nominated him for the captian obvious award of the day...sheesh!
Old 08-28-2003, 06:48 AM

Default That's because your survey affects the service writers pay.

Not only does it affect their pay, the service writer finds out about it, and will only then give you worse service. If you give them a good one, you'll never have to wait in line for a recall again. They remember these things...
Old 08-28-2003, 06:51 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I never got one. :-( Do they come from AOA or the dealer?

If AOA, why do they care if we go back to the dealer? What's in it for them? Just curious.
Old 08-28-2003, 06:53 AM

Default It comes from AOA

The call comes from the company, and is reported back to the dealer. And the dealer is rated based on the survey calls. I used to work for an Audi dealer. It's a pretty big deal.
Old 08-28-2003, 06:55 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Ahhh, so it's ruins the dealer's rating if you don't go back. IC
Old 08-28-2003, 07:01 AM

No, it ruins the dealers rating if you give them a bad survey.
Old 08-28-2003, 07:06 AM
Super Moderator

Default I refuse to lie

If the service stinks they need to know about it and correct their issues.

I would hope my service write (who in this case was the service manager) appreciates the feedback. For example, writing on my receipt that you filled my car with 7 Qts of 15W40 oil when I brough 0W40 for you to use is bad. I cannot and will not reward someone for that.

I will not reward a service department that makes me wait 20 minutes to even speak to someone when I drop my car off. BTW, I was the only person in line.

I will not reward a service department for over torquing my wheels.

I ignored little things for a while because things were improving at my dealership. But my last visit showed they have gone way downhill. They need to know about it. And they need to be incented to make appropriate changes.

If my dealer wants to treat me worse because I was honest on their survey, then they will continue to get bad marks. Given the impact on pay, I don't understand why they would want to get more bad marks.

I explained to the person giving me the survey that my normal service writer was out and I had to deal with the service manager (who might not be very familiar with the service writer's job) so that may be why there were issues. But hey, that's not my problem, that's the dealership's problem.
Old 08-28-2003, 07:35 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default the problem is, it's a stupid game that is played and they don't appreciate feedback

they only appreciate 5s. Anything less and they remember you.

I've always given 5s even when there were issues, but when that happended I made the service manager aware that I wasn't happy, that it needed to be fixed, and that I did give them a 5 the first go round. Ever since then they've been really great about service.
Old 08-28-2003, 08:48 AM
AudiWorld Uber User

Default It has been posted in the past that the service writers definitely know who gives what rating. So if

you give bad feedback you will pay when you go back for service (for example problems with repairs being made under warranty due to aftermarket parts - I know not a problem for Daphne, but it is for others).

Quick Reply: Audi's after service survey phone call...God I love those things...