S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

B5 S4 is really good about "kids" driving s4's but others are not

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2005, 08:34 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default damn im in the same boat! i paid my parents 6k that i had saved up, i have to pay for 2800 of my

insurance each year (insurance is 4800), and i obviously pay for my mods (i dont care what youre driving, if your parents pay for your mods, tahts sick, good for you!)
Old 06-01-2005, 08:35 PM
AudiWorld Super User

my dad hates my car and still helps me
Old 06-01-2005, 08:35 PM
Elder Member

Default well i think its not so much young kids driving S4s that bother people

its young kids who think they are the shiet because they drive a nice car and daddy and mommy make tons of money. america has always been about the underdog, the self made man....thats americas promise to many.
kids who get nice cars because their parents wanted them to have a safe and fun car are fine so long as they recognize that its their parents who helped them along and realize how lucky they are. though i have no experience as a parent, personally i'd get my kid a slower nice car if i have the means. hahaha.
to all the kids who help out their parents with it out of their own good heart...kudos to you as you understand teh value of a hard earned dollar.

i was among the younger self bought owners (i think) at 23 when i first started buying the car...i see thats a lot different now but i'm not bitter even 4.5 years later though. i did however hate it when people would assume my parents bought the car for me becuaase i was young and asian.
Old 06-01-2005, 08:36 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Hmmm, not everyone gives a rats ***, actions and tude dictate how I feel about a person

care less about their age.

I think I'm in the uppder middle to damn old range around here and while my first car was a Chevette (tan, that my grandpa left me), doesn't mean a damn thing.

But again your actions and attitude tell the story.
Old 06-01-2005, 08:39 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I don't mind people who are appreciative and respectful, but...

It makes me feel like a total lowlife when I see some 17 year-old with a skullcap and baggy clothes driving a car almost identical to mine.

That made me want to buy a B6... until I drove one :/ I love my car and I'm stuck with it and the stigma that the new set of owners bring with it. It's just sad to see the status of your $40k+ high-end european sports-sedan being degraded to another "kid's car".

Anyhow, when I was 17 I drove an 81 Accord. I got my first "nice" car when I was 19, a 1989 Taurus SHO, and it was 4 years old at the time. But that car only cost 9k or so. I can't imagine having 25k to blow on a car at 17 years of age, I was too busy worrying about paying for College.

Good for you, enjoy it. Just continue to respect the community and the car.
AudiWorld Super User

Default kinda like the kid at my school who drives a Masaratti(sp) and has the hood open for 30min after

school everyday and knows nothing about his car other than its yellow and goes fast.

Default Speaking of Chevettes...

a "friend" of mine marc, who has one of the fastest s4's in the country, raced a sprayed Chevette in newburgh the other night, beat him by 3-4 cars... the chevette had no traction, but it was a good race never the less...if people know the marc im talking about, what are your thoughts on him...
Old 06-01-2005, 08:40 PM
AudiWorld Super User

give the b6 1 more year. I know a few kids with them.
Old 06-01-2005, 08:41 PM
AudiWorld Super User

is he bigblue or something?
Old 06-01-2005, 08:41 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I think if you were my kid and on the straight and narrow, etc, I'd be more than happy to do that...

for you. Since the vast majority of 'rich kids' these days get stuff handed to them, I'm glad you wanted to step up and break the mold. I suppose I could have had new cars whenever I wanted, but I was a modest kid, knew it was dad'd money that he busts his *** for, and I had more respect for him than that.

A 17 year old kid I know just got a pretty much new Discovery. His parents sent him away to school, he's a coke fiend, he's not smart at all, doesn't make good grades or good decisions, and he still gets whatever the hell he wants. Sometimes I don't care, b/c I know that more than likely he won't be able to afford himself that lifestyle in the years to come.

Quick Reply: B5 S4 is really good about "kids" driving s4's but others are not