S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Baillargeon Audi is a masterpiece!! Len Hunt VP of A of A....

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2003, 11:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi service is horrible here in G.R. Michigan

You are very lucky to have great service.
Old 11-22-2003, 04:58 AM
AudiWorld Super User

"right on man...tell it like it is" - sorry hear this mate - I hope everything works out
Old 11-22-2003, 05:00 AM
AudiWorld Super User

brilliant ! - lovely ;-)
Old 11-22-2003, 06:41 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Disagree with you 100%.

I have had nothing but good experiences in a wide variety of dealerships across the country and I am just your average owner. Long story: Piece of crap '96 A4 purchased in late '95 -headlights cracked, horn failed, driver's side door leaked, front lower control arm bushings failed in 1500 miles and again at 15k and probably a few other things I forgot. I was driving to CA from VT and the control arm bushings went again (this was before anyone knew what the problem with them was). I was in Chicago and took the car to Schaumberg Audi. They had the car for 3 days while Audi assurance paid for my hotel and loaner car. They thought they had the problem figured out, but could not get the parts right away. When I told them I was in a bit of a time crunch, they took the front suspension off of one of their new cars on the lot, put it on mine and sent me on my way. Later that year the LCA bushings went out on the other side, so I went to my dealer in San Diego (Metro), explained that I loved the car, but hated the problems. They arranged a buyback for me for $1700 less than I originally paid for the car (depreciation for the 1500 or so trouble free miles I had on it). AoA cut me a check and I bought a '97 A4 off their lot. No lawyers involved, and I was very happy with how smoothly things went.

That car was trouble free except for an LCA bushing failure at 40k miles. My dealer at the time (Morong Falmouth Audi in Maine) replaced them without an argument, since it was known issue, even though I had coilovers on the car. I eventually traded it in on my S4.

When my turbos blew, Mat Reid at Audi of Alexandria did a great job of replacing them in a remarkably short time despite a very high workload. All in all, my dealer experience has been quite good.
Old 11-22-2003, 08:49 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Good for you - but your one in ten by looking at this forum

I have seen some scary storys in the past on this forum - lot's of them being stock S4's and still the dealers are playing silly buggers - do a search - you'll see some "mad" storys - I know Audi does try to do a good job with there customers - but - they made a car to be upgraded - the S4 - and now they have learned a lesson on doing that - that's why we have a V8 Audi S4 now ;-)
Old 11-22-2003, 10:36 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default You didn't happen to notice my user number did you?

I don't need a noob telling me to search the forum:-P. I have been around long enough to see some of the dealer stupidity, but I think it is still the minority of lousy dealers that give the rest a bad name. Don't assume that this forum is in any way a statistically valid representation of all Audi or all S4 owners. It is not. It's human nature to complain freely and compliment grudgingly, so take that into account too.
Old 11-22-2003, 11:40 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default So you don't really disagree with me 100%

Because I stated:

"Each persons experience is different "

"and in many cases, the normal Audi owner is not being taken care of as well as a person spending this type of money expects"

So I never stated that audi is 100% at fault and are back to the Audi 5000 days.

Goody for you, having above average experience. Nothing in your post would back up your subject line of disagreeing with me 100%.

Tory
Old 11-22-2003, 01:27 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default noob - <laugh my **** off> - so what ! - if you have been around for so long then...

you would know what I'm going on about - bad experiences - good experiences - I would say "bad" more than good - IMO

OK - old- timer ;-)
Old 11-22-2003, 01:51 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

:-P
Old 11-22-2003, 06:52 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Do you think your treatment had anything to do with the fact that you are (or were) employed by AoA?

If you want to know about the company I work for check out

http://www.swift.com

We are a cooperative owned by over 4000 member banks. We develop and operate THE network that banks use to transfer money internationally. We are financially responsable for any message input to and acknowledged by our network (MILLIONS of messages input daily totalling BILLIONS of dollars). That means that if we delay a $5million transfer then we are responsable for any interest lost. Since 1977 when our network went on line we have never lost a message and currently have 99.998% availability.

Why do I expect so much from AoA? Well, maybe because other manufacturers have proven that excellent customer service is possible to achieve.

Call customer relations you say? I called customer relations when my car was being held in port 7 months after I had ordered and placed a deposit on it. The lady I spoke with got irate and annoyed and actually YELLED AT ME, Hello?, am I the customer? since when do next model year Audis NEVER EVER EVER get released before October? I wanted to call this woman back on Aug 10th when they called and told me they were allowed to sell me my car. AMAZINGLY, after I figured out Marc Trahan (AoA product development) and Len Hunt's email addresses and sent them a letter telling them I was going to buy the 325iX that the BMW was willing to sell me (instead of holding it in port for 2 months like my Audi), oh, then the client relations lady was really nice.

I just picked up my car today. How is it, you ask. Well, the transmission seems passable. But I also complained that it took the strength of two people to open the drivers door. To fix this it was necessary to replace the door hinges. It opens fine now, but when the car was given to the dealer there was a piece of trim attached to the driver's fender. This trim is now missing and a baseball sized cloud of scratches down to the primer is now present on the fender directly below where the trim used to be. How's that for customer service? What Tech or body shop employee could conceivably think that the customer would not notice this or care?

J.T.L.
02 Santorin/Silver/6 and any dealer can feel free to swipe my trim and scratch my paint down to the primer, cause, why would an Audi customer care about that? It's not like they're servicing a Lexus or a Mercedes.

Quick Reply: Baillargeon Audi is a masterpiece!! Len Hunt VP of A of A....