S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Baillargeon Audi is a masterpiece!! Len Hunt VP of A of A....

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2003, 06:58 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just kind of funny...

My point is that you are incorrect in inferring that what people post on is reflective of reality. It's not.
Old 11-22-2003, 07:00 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Nah, maybe only 72 %

I don't think Steve was treated any differently because of AW. I think he was treated well because of the type of person he is. (I forgot to include that in the original post).
Old 11-22-2003, 07:24 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default let's just say this is a good "Poll" place - kinda gives you an idea

none of us can say for sure what's happening out there in the Audi dealer market ;-) - but this place is a good "Benchmark" of what's out there for the "S4" and sofar not very good IMO

Is that better Old-Timer ;-)
Old 11-22-2003, 07:38 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default I would agree but I also think his relationships are also the product

of many referrals and his contribution to our community. I don't hold it against him, but even if I'm one of the nicest caring people when I deal with my dealer, the mechanics and the detail guys in the back, I would have very little pull and the service/sales staff would not be as game to take care of me as fast as Steve has been taken care of.

Again my opinion.
Old 11-23-2003, 06:16 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default I have never been employed by AoA or any subsidiary

And I am fully aware of the "Society of Worldwide Interbank Funds Transfers" (or whatever it really stands for), since I have been in banking for 21 years...and was in charge of wire investigations (problem wires) for awhile.

You really want Len Hunt to contact you directly on your issues..you think that is reasonable? Does your CEO gets involved with every $50K USD wire that is misrouted in Spain by a NY money center bank? No way jose. There are protocols and procedures to deal with customer service issues.

BTW, Marc Trahan has returned several of my emails...and I am now a nobody...did he return yours? Maybe it was the factual non-judgemental professional tone of your email that impacted whether or not you got a response. Hmmmm?

I am done with conversing with you...I am talking to a wall...someone who is in the zone.

As for your experience...you are just one of the lucky ones. Enjoy.
Old 11-23-2003, 06:35 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Sorry, but i have to disagree with you.

The whole point of my lengthy post was that so far the dealer network has taken care of me the same way and I am a nobody in the Audi universe.
Old 11-23-2003, 06:36 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default I am not convinced that it is.

I think there is a huge selection bias that really prevents us from getting the big picture here.
Old 11-23-2003, 08:08 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Why, is he the one making the cars?
Old 11-23-2003, 06:47 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default My apologies for incorrectly asserting that you were employed by AoA

I read your post, so I'm not expecting a reply; just wanted to better explain my position.

I remember a Steve S from back in the AudiWorld days who posted quite often, many times about exclusive AoA events, Audi Tech training sessions, etc. I assumed that from the access this person had and the quality of the posts that they were someone who trained Audi Techs, or at the very least had extraordinary access to AoA activities and employees. Maybe you are not this person, or I assumed incorrectly, or both.

Did Audi take care of me after a screwed up order and 7 months of waiting for my car, including 2 months while the car sat in port? Yes, definately, I have no complaints about the deal I got (with intervention from AoA) after waiting so long. But, it took a letter to the VP, referencing previous VIN numbers and indicating that BMW was perfectly willing to sell me an all wheel drive car with Navigation in order for ANYONE in the AoA organization to even care whether or not I walked out the door. All could have been avoided if someone, anyone, at AoA would have honestly explained their process and why it was keeping me from my car; however all I got were excuses, BS and outright lies from everyone I spoke with.

Now, two years later, I observe no progress in the area of customer relations as no one at the dealership on Saturday could have cared less that a customer's car had been damaged. I am just as upset about the employees' attitudes towards me as a customer as I am about the damage. I will be calling Client Relations on Monday and logging a complaint. I hope my experience will be as pleasent as yours have been.

My car is a 2002, which is the 6th model year (worldwide) for the B5 S4, yet there still seem to be issues with the design of certain components which cause failure at a number greater that can be attributed to random manufacturing defects. I would be curious to figure out the average number of new 'my synchros failed' posts on here per month (or week).

Is Len Hunt personally responsable for the actions of every employee at AoA and it's dealers, or for the entire Audi design and manufacturing process? No, but as an executive he is responsable for setting the objectives of his organization and following up on progress toward achieving those objectives. Given my experiences, there remains significant opportunity for improvement in the areas of customer relations and product quality.

Was my original post diplomatic and pro-AoA all the way? No, and neither are most posts on here. Do I want AoA to succeed, produce higher quality products and thus increase it's market share? Yes. Do I think this can be achieved without honest (and sometimes emotional) feedback on customer opinions and experiences? No.

J.T.L.
02 Santorin/Silver/6 and any dealer can feel free to swipe my trim and scratch my paint down to the primer, cause, why would an Audi customer care about that? It's not like they're servicing a Lexus or a Mercedes.