S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

which is better? Forge or Bailey DV. ( the stock DV is definitely the weakest link )

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2001, 07:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

which is better? Forge or Bailey DV. ( the stock DV is definitely the weakest link )
Old 07-31-2001, 07:14 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Flip a coin, they are both equally good.
Old 07-31-2001, 07:57 PM

Default Riddle Me This.....

How come the Bailey does NOT have the same problem the older Forge Valves had w/ the sticking issue? The piston is made out of the "same" material. But now the Forge is made out of Alum. and the Bailey is still plastic piston?

Educate Me Please :-)
Old 07-31-2001, 08:51 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default who said it doesn't?

one is under the microscope..the other isn't

there have been reports of defective DV30's too
Old 07-31-2001, 08:51 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Good ?. I know that the aluminum piston is much better than the orig. nylon one.

I rebuilt mine with the free kit Strat. sent me. The new O-rings and high temp grease seemed to do the trick. Haven't had a problem since. Sometimes things don't work out how they were intended. It takes a good company like Forge to recognize their faults, fix them, and keep the customer happy. Even though I had a sticking issue, I feel that Forge took care of me, along with Strat.

Like I said, Bailey/Forge, both equally good. (New Forges that is....8-))
Old 08-01-2001, 04:17 AM

Default Such innuendoes are not justified...

Ask yourself: WHY is one under the microscope?

ANSWER: BECAUSE of the reported problems.

Why is the other NOT under the microscope?

ANSWER: Because the quantity of problems reported with the other product have been miniscule compared to the one under examination.

And since there have literally been THOUSANDS of both type of valves sold, it is not quantity but QUALITY that has determined the amount of complaints reported.<ul><li><a href="http://www.awe-tuning.com/products/audi/audiparts.cfm?PMaI=1&PMoI=4&PEI=6&PP=s4_27t_drivet rain.cfm&PPT=Drivetrain#BaileyValve">Bailey Motorsports Diverter Valves from AWE</a></li></ul>
Old 08-01-2001, 06:26 AM

Default FYI The pistons

Are not the same , the old Forge piston was made from a totally different material to the Bailey.
The Bailey is made from Delrin a general purpose plastic.
We have changed the piston to aluminium as this has even better properties.
Old 08-01-2001, 06:32 AM

Default Actually, the Bailey units use a high temp nylon material for the pistons

and they have PROVEN to be the more thermally stable design.
Old 08-01-2001, 06:51 AM

Default I disagree Todd

I have had two bailey dvs melt on me with so far no joy from my retailer.I have posted this fact on this forum before but i was shot down for it by bailey retailers.Any time the quality of the bailey dv is called into question the subject tends to get swept under the carpet.Im not saying that there is some sort of conspiracy going on here,but it makes you wonder.Watch this thread!!!
ps,i have removed my e-mail address from this post to avoid any personal threats that i received after my last post on this subject.
Old 08-01-2001, 07:19 AM

Default Yes, I saw your post last time and Mike responded that there is a lifetime warranty

I do not know who you are referring to when you say "no joy from your retailer", but until we actually receive a "claim" from you, I cannot tell if you are a real customer or just trolling.

Once again, if you have a problem with your valve, there is a LIFETIME WARRANTY on the product. Contact us if you would like to use it!

Quick Reply: which is better? Forge or Bailey DV. ( the stock DV is definitely the weakest link )