S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Black S4 at Sunset. Hey you're driving my car!

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2000, 10:48 AM
leslie

Default What year and 1.8?

I'm not sure if that is implied by the Tap stage 3. Did you do the Tap mods before or after warranty? Do you swap ECU's before service at Sunset? If not, do they hassle or care? I tried to feel them out and it seems as if they give you the typical response that it is going to void you, etc.

Still happy w/ 250 horses--I get terribly annoyed at traffic now, just wish I had a personal/deserted highway--but just thinking about more...ohhh

leslie
Old 01-21-2000, 11:37 PM
Donnie

Default 1.8 T,mods done under warranty, no problems..

Leslie, they didn't void me for anything, I did all my warranty work at Sunset, and all my aftermarket work at Stuttgart Autotech in Lake O, on Pilkington, just off Boones Ferry, they are the best..<ul><li><a href="http://131.107.68.28/a4.org/registry/details.asp?car=19">Longest Registry Page on the Board!</a></li></ul>
Old 01-21-2000, 11:44 PM
D.

Default AND..

For Sunset, I never swapped ECU's, they just didn't ask any questions. Larry's cool at the service desk.. They all knew the car was chipped, they even replaced the stock turbo when the wastegate rod broke, and it was chipped at the time. They just can't encourage chip (or other) mods, and they can't void your warranty ( Magnuson-Moss Warranty act ) for a chip upgrade, either.

D.
Old 01-22-2000, 11:22 PM
leslie

Default Re: AND..

That's nice to know they are cool. I guess I have hot and cold feelings at Sunset. Before being an owner, I think some of them can be a bit rude, but when I found Cecil, he seemed like a great guy (who did you order from?). Just had some minor help w/ Larry and he seemed real nice too.

e-mail me, these links are getting hard to keep up with. I'd email you, but I can't read the address/or send thru internet, lame, there has got to be a way to fix this. Anyway, email me (then I'll get cha back):

leslie_benedict@marketstrategies.com

what combo did you order? options? selling the a4, have a buyer yet?

I've never heard of the stuttgart place (and can't picture it--know pilkington), that is like 3 mins away from me (near lakeridge). I'll definitely check them out.

leslie
Old 01-22-2000, 11:32 PM
leslie

Default ahh, just checked link.

So have your address now. Wow! Crazy mods! You have been busy. I like those wheels, will you keep them for S4? Unfortunately, I've fallen in love w/ ABT's A10's. Wish I could afford them, or one of them sigh...

Just got the clear bra done today. The guy did a great job, even made me special pieces where the kit didn't cover (and should have) that looks just as if it came from kit. I'm happy... Wish I'd had it done earlier, unfortunately some light damage after spirited trip to coast.

anyway...
leslie