S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Blowtenzas and Audi dealers

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2000, 12:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blowtenzas and Audi dealers

I spoke with Burdick today in Syracuse, NY. They are headed for training at Audi this week and claim to be unaware of the issues with RE040s. I sent them the listing of tire complaints from NTHSA. They said they would discuss with corp.
Old 09-26-2000, 12:25 PM

Default More: Blowtenzas and Audi dealers

I wanted to suggest that if people haven't discussed this with their dealers that they do so.
The squeaky wheel theory and all that.
Old 09-26-2000, 12:37 PM

Default Do I have a story for you guys.

My car has been pulling to the right since day one. Finally I convinced John Holtz(Rochester, NY) to take a look at it. They ended up replacing my two front tires. Took them a week of fighting with the tire company and such. Either way, seems to have fixed the problem. They started telling me all this stuff about the tires are never perfect and they try to offset left/right with two imperfect tires. does this sound right?
Old 09-26-2000, 12:38 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Re: Blowtenzas and Audi dealers

made legend audi, amityville, ny aware of business week article, their response, "if you have a problem with the factory tires, go to a tire dealer"
Old 09-26-2000, 12:49 PM

Default Re: Blowtenzas and Audi dealers

My S4 has less than 500 miles and I discovered a bubble on my front right tire. Needless to say I got the same "tired" response from the dealer.

"Go see the manufacturer." I'm wondering if Audi passed on the tires at the manufacturer's cost or did they mark-up the tires?

Gee I hope they don't tell me to see Bose when the sterio malfunctions.<p>2001 Black on Black S4
Stock ..... For Now
Old 09-26-2000, 12:58 PM

Default Interesting. Mine pulls to the right as well. Audi claims it's the tires.

I haven't taken it in yet to have a fight with the Bridgestone dealer. Fortunately the dealer customer service rep. tells me to bring it back if Bridgestone won't replace the tires.<p>--
2000 S4 Silver/Silver Tip/Conv/Cold/Bose
SF-Bay Area
Old 09-26-2000, 01:20 PM

Default If it was me I wouldnt accept anything but replacements of a different brand based on...

The fact that people have died! Due to tire failures from the sister brand. This is a 40,000 dollar car and the dealer/AoA tells you to call the manufacturer of the tires what bull.... I wouldn't accept it. Also this is a high speed car! Sounds like a recipe for disaster, I cant believe AoA is so unconcerned over this problem. I am grateful for my Pirelli's now.
Good luck in your quest.<p>'00 Silver S4
APR 1.0 bar
Custom downpipes and exhaust.
Old 09-26-2000, 02:02 PM

Default If the manufacturer fails, complain to NHTSA

Here's the link to the NHTSA complaint form. Yes it's $40k+, but the point is that the tires are unsafe. Especially if you live in the land of potholes.<ul><li><a href="http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/problems/ivoq/default.htm">Link to NHTSA complaint form</a></li></ul>
Old 09-26-2000, 02:04 PM

Default Have you noticed

that I have a habit of not completing thoughts in my original posts. Anyway, Audi will need to respond to safety complaints with the NHTSA. Keeping after Audi and NHTSA is important.
Old 09-26-2000, 02:22 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Re: Do I have a story for you guys.

Mine has been very slightly pulling to the right since I got it, but not enough for me to part with the car and deal with the dealer. Plus I've been a masochist at work - no time.<p>01 S4 Nogaro/Alcantera
6 spd
No mods yet

Quick Reply: Blowtenzas and Audi dealers