S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Brilliant Black HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2002, 06:43 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brilliant Black HELP!

so many swirls and scratchX ain't workin. some ****in dude at car wash ****ed my paint up with his watch. its not too deep. any suggestions?
Old 10-08-2002, 06:50 PM

Default Don't know if hand swirls will show but use the Meguiar's cleaner wax . .I used it on my pearl

(which prolly doesn't answer ur ?) and it worked wonders along with the polish and carnuba wax . . My buddy has black magic pearl on his dub and he uses Zymol with buffer but he's a painter and has repainted his car like 4 times already so that's why he never has too many swirls. I will ask him and try to get back to you . . .
Old 10-08-2002, 06:54 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Default Really that goes against what everyone in the detailing forum has used

Cleaning wax is realy not very good, and zymol is worse. Roll on over to the detailing forum and read a few posts on the subject
Old 10-08-2002, 06:59 PM

Default Yeah -- a Meguiar's product, may be hard to find but you can call...

It says, on the front label and in this order, Meguiar's Mirror Glaze / Body Shop Professional / Dual Action Cleaner Polish. On the right side of the label is a rating for Cutting Power; mine's Medium and has worked great on my silver A4, brilliant black S4, and a friend's black Mercedes C240. Directions say it's "for use with orbital or rotary buffer," but I have neither and have removed numerous scratches, some good-sized tho not deep. I work it in by hand til nearly dry, wipe off excess & voila! -- scratches are gone. Meguiar's sells direct by mail order: 800-347-5700 ... or www.meguiars.com
Old 10-08-2002, 07:01 PM

Default Got your mail.

Once you figure out how to get those swirls and scratches out, you'll have to fill me in. Are you working in Providence?

~X
Old 10-08-2002, 07:07 PM

Default My advantage is the tri-stage coat so the meguiar's did the job great for me . .I usually trust what

I see in person and not what I read on a forum. I have used some other products but not all of them so I don't know what's best for sure. But this worked for me on pearl coat; it may be different on the brilliant black. I wouldn't test the meguiars on your black since you have to be careful with black paint jobs or you'll pay the price for it. My good friend has been a painter for many years and I have personally seen his work and the work of his partners many times so I trust what he uses and advises me to use. I threw the cleaner wax in there cuz it worked to take out the tar and other imperfections that were practically embedded in the clear. I have a couple more clears than most others around so I'm safe, plus the addition of a tri-stage coat protects against many of the imperfections others with a just the coat and a clear deal with. I know paint but am not an expert. Unless some of these guys on the detailing forum are painters by trade then I wouldn't trust them.Not to be fascicious (spelling?) or anything . .I will ask my buddy on the morrow about your swirls and ask since he does have a black magic pearl tri-stage coat also and deals with these issues day in and day out . . I'll get back to ya . . until then don't use the zymol unless I find out for sure or someone that you can see in person shows you the proof . .=)
Old 10-08-2002, 07:07 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

3M swirl remover might do the trick.
Old 10-08-2002, 07:09 PM

Agreed, 3m has the best product out there
Old 10-08-2002, 07:21 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Default my brother lives right near brown. went to visit him.

i come up every 2 months or so.
Old 10-08-2002, 07:24 PM

Default Next time you head up, give me a shout.

I'll be having a mini-gtg at my place the weekend of the 20th (this month-still not sure whether it is 19 or 20th). Mr Piggie will be around and a few other characters. I have an open lot beside the house that can accomodate 15-20+ cars.

Quick Reply: Brilliant Black HELP!