S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Car was stolen and totalled(hopefully) last night : ( ................

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2003, 08:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car was stolen and totalled(hopefully) last night : ( ................

i cant believe this crap. Stopped by fridays in east hanover last night at about 12:30. Saw one of my friends cars there and pulled in for a quick drink before i went home. i was there for about 30 mins, looking out the window every 5 or so.
the car was parked right in front of the place.
So when i was leaving i went outside and saw no car but heard faint sound of exhaust in the distance. i walked back inside and told my friends that either i was real drunk and forgot where i parked my car or it was stolen. and i wasnt drunk so i knew. called the police and a cop going down the wrong side of rt10 pulled in.
He said they flew out of fridays and the cop started chasing him down rt10. He said that my car just took off on him. He said there was nothing he could do, within seconds he couldnt see the car anymore. He was doing about 120 or so and my car was still just pulling away. He clocked it at 135 and then it went out of distance. From a far way back(its the top of a large hill) he saw the car turning onto eisenhower parkway. He radioed a cop sittin on that road. That cop, before he could even put his car in drive, was passed by my car going 150+. Now i am sitting in fridays with the original pursuit officer and about 4 others. He was saying sorry dude, there was absoultly nothing i could do. There was no way in hell i was even coming close to that car. I told him i knew that way better than him and dont worry because you would have never caught it. SO i am sitting there listening to their radio and hear, blue audi high speed pursuit on 280 west traveling 140+ mph, then perp has turned going 280 east at excessive speeds.(a cop wasnt even near them at this point)
I hear we cant catch him, we cant catch him, wait down 280 east. So they finally caught one of the guys(three total) in orange because my car was undriveable. My pops, went this morning while i was sleeping(very depressed) to see what the car looked like. He said its defintly totalled. The trans and oil pans shattered from running over curbs(and we all know how low my car is). i dont even understand how you could get over a curb with it. All of my 222 dollar a piece brand new p zero rossos are popped. My rims are f**ked. the front and rear bumpers are screwed. Cant wait to see it. BTW Mark can you call me, i need to know how much we can work a deal out on your car for.
sorry if some of this is incoherent but i am all messed up right now. thanks guys.
oh yea, there was a witness, he said the guys pulled up in a black new body stlye audi. Then some jumped out into my car and both took off.
funny though, the cops never saw a black audi.
Old 11-01-2003, 08:24 AM

Sorry to hear
Old 11-01-2003, 08:26 AM
RKA
AudiWorld Uber User

Sorry...that really sucks!
Old 11-01-2003, 08:29 AM
AudiWorld Super User

What state do you live in?
Old 11-01-2003, 08:31 AM

east hanover... that'd be right near where i live... nj...
Old 11-01-2003, 08:33 AM

Sorry to hear. Glad you are OK. Cars can be replaced.
Old 11-01-2003, 08:34 AM

yep
Elder Member

8^(
AudiWorld Senior Member

That really sucks...at least no one was hurt...you or the cops, that is
Old 11-01-2003, 08:36 AM

Default yeah but i put hunderds upon hunderds of hours doing.....

labor on parts installation, fixing things, cleaning. I waxed this car twice a week. every saturday i did a 6hr detail job. Thats what hurts the most. I put much of the last three years of my life into this car.

Quick Reply: Car was stolen and totalled(hopefully) last night : ( ................