S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

damage Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2000, 09:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default damage Turbo

hi, i hope you will understand me, i`m from Germany
had anybody problems with damaged turbos after chipping?
my dealer gives me no warranty
what can I do?
thanks
Thomas
Old 10-26-2000, 09:16 AM
hwj
AudiWorld Super User

Uh oh. There goes the "they've got it great over in Europe" theory.
Old 10-26-2000, 09:49 AM

Default Oh...I see now... - I thought that the Europeans weren't as "dumb" as us Americans and didn't chip?

This goes back to the post below by Jason@s4.org where the two very ballsy people - Mike B and Sten1.6 to be exact - have decided to take it upon themselves to bash us Americans and our "aftermarket ways" - telling us how stupid it is to chip and then complain and then to sue.

Maybe you two guys should have a talk with TAAudi and let him know how stupid he is...
Old 10-26-2000, 09:55 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I think it's even worse

Doesn't Audi warranty MTM products in Europe or more specificaly Germany? I remember reading that in one of the earlier posts. If so, it'd be interesting to find out why they're denying service on this particular machine.
Old 10-26-2000, 09:57 AM

Default Re: Chipping or not Chipping ...

Both chip and none chip owner have blown turbos, so its hard to say the chip did it or didn't. The best info we have right now is that the 2000 turbo's isn't as good as the 2001 in the US. But then again that still don't say much about how bad the 2000 turbo's are nor desn't it show chipping is bad. I would check out www.audizone.com's chip survy and decide for yourself. Good luck, and your english is fine!
Old 10-26-2000, 10:17 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

european warranties are only 1 year.
Old 10-26-2000, 10:39 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hey look at it this way : MORE power to S4 owners, S4s are NOT RELIABLE....

Combine USA S4 owners PLUS European owners and you bet AUDI will be sorry forever.

And again, this is not about warranty issues, it's about what AUDI CLAIMS the S4
IS.

S4 WAS SUPPOSED to be their BEST sporty offer, for real car lovers and performance minded, the kind that ALWAYS want more, the kind that TRUSTED AUDI to build a BULLET PROOF car and over engineering it knowing we would abuse them a bit more than the regular Joe on a Taurus.

Sad to see that IS NOT the case, right AUDI ?

You bet my next car won't be an AUDI and I will let people know why, no doubt about it.
Old 10-26-2000, 10:43 AM

Re: I feel the sameway, I love my Nogaro but there is a good chance I won't come back to Audi.
Old 10-26-2000, 11:44 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Dear Ragin'

Having re-read the posts' by MikeB and Sten1.6, my opinon is that you're being somewhat thin skinned here. Their posts are not "bashing Americans and their aftermarket ways" at all. They are simply stating their beliefs/opinions that if you chip you risk your warranty... and I don't think anyone can deny that risk factor.

"telling us how stupid it is to chip and then complain and then to sue"... ok... first, can't find either of them calling Americans stupid in their posts. Second, complaining is human nature, so I'll leave that one... and third, "sueing".... Whether you like it or not, the trend to sue everyone and anyone in sight rather than accept blame is most definitely a product of the US legal system, and has been embraced by the people. This is not just a US phenomenon anymore, but it is more prevalent in the US of A.

In my opinion, you're the "ballsy" one by putting words (or type) into their mouths, and exacerbating that by drawing on American patriotism to support your opinion(s) and fan the flames. While you may not agree with their opinions (which is totally within your right), your response is immature.. IN MY OPINION.

And one last point... you speak of "us" Americans; while this board may be predominately US based, it is here for S4 owners, regardless of where you call home.

opinions as expressed by Earnie
Old 10-26-2000, 12:10 PM

Earnie - respect your opinion(s) - don't necessarily agree, but that's OK.

Quick Reply: damage Turbo