S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Damn left lane loafers. ( long rant)

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2004, 06:27 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Damn left lane loafers. ( long rant)

Coming home last night on 422 from KOP. I hate this road, it just seems to attract idiot drivers, but I had no choice. Posted speed is 55, not much traffic. Doing my usual 65 or so, passing the few cars that are in the right lane, I come up behind this SUV just cruising at about 60, taking forever to pass the car on the right. Once past, I wait for awhile to see if it moves over. No such luck. I seldom flash cars as that seems to invite road rage in some people, so I pass on the right. I watch in my rearview mirror as more cars pull up behind this lady, some flashing, and she refuses to pull over. They all give up and pass on the right.
Well, I had a bad day at work and I decided to try an experiment. I moved to the left lane and slowed to 55. She gardually catches up to me and just sits behind me; no flasing, just quite content at sitting in the left lane going 5mph less than she was before. No one in the right lane for miles, but she won't pull over. So I gradually keep decreasing my speed....53...50....45...she still sits there behind me. Not tailgating, just content to be in the left lane. A few cars eventually show up and pass on the right. I think to myself, WTF does she have against the right lane? But wait, another car approaching in the left lane behind her. Slows to our 45mph and sits there behind her. So now there are 3 of us cruising in the left lane in 55mph zone, no one else around, and doing just 45mph. I slow to 40, they still don't pull over. WTF. I eventually give up and resume my usual 65 as I watch the 2 set of headlights getting smaller in my rearview. I wonder if they take exit ramps from the left lane too? Damn idiots! Thanks, now I feel better!
Old 06-08-2004, 06:39 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default That's hilarious. You should've tried gradually slowing to a stop. I can see the 3 cars in a row,

stopped for no reason
Old 06-08-2004, 06:39 AM
RKA
AudiWorld Uber User

Default LOL!! Lemmings! All of 'em.

They don't pay attention to anything. They just keep their eye on the bumper in front of them and follow.
Old 06-08-2004, 06:42 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default LOL, speaking of lemmings, I'm always amazed at how many people follow the car in front

to the same toll booth when there are empty ones nearby.
Old 06-08-2004, 06:43 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default omg...lol. did you check for cell phone usage? i find most moron drivers are on the phone...

after i pass them. I used to be against cell phone laws, but i been converted. most americans are retards and can hardly drive correctly let alone drive and talk at the same time.
Old 06-08-2004, 06:45 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Couldn't tell. It was too dark.
Old 06-08-2004, 06:51 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default in your situtation is probably wouldve drained my windshield washer tank.

but then the driver of the suv (talking on the phone) probably wouldve said:

"hold-on, let me turn on my wipers...its starting to rain"
Old 06-08-2004, 06:51 AM
AudiWorld Super User

LOL
Old 06-08-2004, 07:08 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default LOL - good one. Idiots want to be in the left lane (it's the *fast* lane) but have no sense of flow

What is worse is when you come up on one of these left laners, they won't move, but will speed up once you try to go right lane.

They don't know how fast they want to go, but they *know* they want to be faster (than you).
Old 06-08-2004, 07:21 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default *installs hood mounted rocket launcher*

i actually made the mistake of flashing a big SUV late one nite heading W on the PA tpk. coming back from S NJ. dude would _not_ move over. i must've flashed him at least 3x. i finally passed on the right as the tpk. was almost completely deserted. i then took off but as you have perhaps observed in the past, i clearly triggered some road rage on the driver's part as he got on my tail and started flashing me! ugh. he followed me all the way to the willow grove exit (#27) and continued to flash me as i proceeded thru the tollbooth. *** clown.

Quick Reply: Damn left lane loafers. ( long rant)