S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Dealer called! My S4 is IN!

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-1999, 09:58 AM
jee

Default Dealer called! My S4 is IN!

Silver/Onyx - Conv/Cold/Bose/CD

BUT, I changed my mind and went for Nogaro/Silver with the same options. This was the car I've got hanging in my closet (yes, I do have an S4 poster!)

Somehow, back in March, my dealer heard my frustrations about how I wanted Nogaro with the silver interior but was hesistant about the actual shade of grey in the silver interior (to anyone looking at their S4 brochures, that silver interior is nothing like the one in real life!) In the end, I told him to order the Silver/Onyx since it was already a nice color combo.

Since then, I decided I wanted the Nogaro/Silver.

So when I received the call, he told me he also brought in a Nogaro/Silver. I nearly died! Whether he did this intentionally I do not know, although I kept telling him to order the N/S along with my S/O so that I wouldn't have such a hard time choosing.

All I know is that I'm going tomorrow to finalize the deal! All that waiting, gave me time to work out all my finances! What a wait!

So, if anyone is interested about the car or anything else, don't hesitate to contact me (being reasonable of course). Live in Northern NJ.

It's time to rock 'n roll! Been waiting S4ever!!!!
Cheesy yes but can't help it!
Old 10-15-1999, 12:10 PM
Bob B

Default Re: Dealer called! My S4 is IN!

What dealer are you using?
Old 10-15-1999, 01:58 PM
GMN

Default Nogaro/Silver(semi-long)

.....interesting note about the silver interior. I too had ordered onyx because
of the way silver was represented in their brochure. I also had ordered a different darker color. Without getting to winded, I wound up with Nogaro/Silver, and I just
now returned from picking up my plates where I saw live the color combo's I had
ordered. My only response to my salesman and the general manager of the
dealership was ...I would have taken one look at this and cancelled/changed
my order. Now everyones tastes are different (guess thats why they make
different colors) but needless to say I'm thrilled that I went with Nogaro/Silver.
another Jerseyan (central)
S400
Nogaro
Silver
Old 10-15-1999, 04:09 PM
jee

Default Hope to see ya around.

BTW, did you personalize your plates? Enjoy the car!
Old 10-15-1999, 05:21 PM
jee

Default Let's see... had two dealers but...

Bellavia came out on top first. Paul Miller is also a good dealer but they're just too far away from me - reminds me, gotta get my deposit from them now. Also, after owning two previous Audis from two different dealerships, I decided to go with Bellavia cause they are an AUDI ONLY dealer. After all, Audi's got one of the most sensational line of cars that I'd never get sick of hanging around a one brand dealership.

Talk to Gil at Bellavia. He's a really cool guy and just about put up with all the incessant calls/uncalled visits I've made.

At Paul Miller (my A4 dealer), talk to Dave. The salespeople are knowledgeable but Paul Miller has to service way way too many cars. There's about a three week wait for service. Service folks are good natured and they do make an effort to help you esp. if you get on their good side.

Oh, BTW, Bellavia has got two Laser Reds (one with the Onyx, the other with Onyx/Silver alcantara); one Silver w/ Onyx and one bad-*** Imola Yellow w/Onyx that so few are lucky enough to test drive.

Town Motors - forget about them. Bought my '90 Coupe Quattro from them and the only good thing that I ever experienced was getting driving lessons with one awesome driver/salesperson. His name was Hans and he drove a Porsche 928. He left the dealership shortly after I purchased the Coupe. This was back in 1990. Don't know now but when I walked in there a few weeks ago asking if they received any cars in, they didn't have a single one whereas Paul Miller and Jack Daniels had already received them. Sales wasn't too friendly either.

Jack Daniels is also good. Went in and spoke to Gerhard. Nice guy - looks like one of those guys that you would imagine is a genius - don't ask why. Friendly, but once again, they sell Porsche, Audi, VW.

All in all, you've got alot of choices around N. Jersey. I'd say Bellavia, Paul Miller and Jack Daniels are the ones to go to first. Don't ask about discounts. Each dealer may or may not give 'em to you. Just depends on how much they figure an S4 is worth on the lot or off on that day. One thing is that none are selling over MSRP like some of the posts have mentioned.

Good Luck! Remember, friendliness is key. If you're friendly and the salesperson is a *****, you should either ask for another or just walk out. It's your money and thus your buying experience. Take it from a third generation Audi owner.
Old 10-16-1999, 04:48 AM
GMN

Default Re: Hope to see ya around.

no, no persoanlized plates ...... see ya round.