S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Denied service by the only local Audi dealer for already scheduled appt and all future warranty work

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2001, 11:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Denied service by the only local Audi dealer for already scheduled appt and all future warranty work

Dear all,

I was just denied service by my local dealer, <Name Removed>, for a previously scheduled appointment and all future warranty work. Here's exactly what happened:

I called the dealer Monday morning at 8:00 AM to report a buzzing sound coming from the left rear speaker. The service advisor told me to come in at 1:00 PM the same day. I arrived at 1:00 sharp and the service advisor said, "Yep. Sounds like the left rear speaker. We don't stock that part, but I'll order it. Call back in two days."

Today, two days later, I called to inquire if the part was in. Three hours later I received a call from the service scheduler who said the next available time to have the speaker installed would be 26 days later. Not wanting to wait 3.5 weeks for a simple speaker replacement I asked if I could be placed on a waiting list for cancelled appointments. I expressed displeasure with the unsatisfactorily wait for an appointment and accepted the appointment for October 29th at 8:00 AM.

About two minutes later the same person at the dealership called back to inform me that the Audi Sales Manager had decided to deny my previously scheduled October 29th appointment and all future warranty work. He stated that because I did not buy my car from their dealership and that I had previously gone on record with AOA regarding poor service I had received in the past they felt I would receive better service elsewhere.

I promptly called AOA to report the incident. Has this happened to anyone else? The next closest dealer is about 70 miles away. If forced to do scheduled maintence at another dealer can I receive compensation for the mileage and time off of work?

Thanks for listening.
David
Old 10-03-2001, 12:03 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Whoa, that is pretty damn lame of your dealer!!!
Old 10-03-2001, 12:03 PM
AudiWorld Super User

That's total B.S.! No answer to your question, but that's just plain wrong. Sorry...
Old 10-03-2001, 12:04 PM
Banned

Default You've got to be kidding. You better get reimbursed for having to go out of your way to.....

another dealership. This is discrimination or something. That is not possible. What's the difference what dealership does the work, AoA has to pay for it in the end....Geeeez, I should show my ripped apart car to the local morons and see if they deny me , just give me an excuse to file a complaint to help back up yours.
Mike
Old 10-03-2001, 12:05 PM

Sure sounds like they care about improving their service ratings!! What idiots!!
Old 10-03-2001, 12:07 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Like I always say, I would think about talking to a lawyer. BUT,

My nearest dealer is over 300 miles away, so 70 miles is not that big of a deal. I would give your current dealer the finger, yell at AOA to do something about them, and go to the other dealer.
Old 10-03-2001, 12:08 PM

You have a signed contract for a 5 year 50k mi warranty you are intitled to get service @ any Audi.
Old 10-03-2001, 12:08 PM

So that's how they deal with dissatisfied customers ey. What a crock.
Old 10-03-2001, 12:10 PM

Default Call AoA now and let us know what they say.. Thing that sucks is even if you force them to fix it.

From that point on I wouldn't want to trust them with my car.
Old 10-03-2001, 12:10 PM

If they are treating you like this, why do you protect their name?? I would let everybody know.

Quick Reply: Denied service by the only local Audi dealer for already scheduled appt and all future warranty work