S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Don Rosen Service - is it always this bad?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2000, 07:37 AM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Don Rosen Service - is it always this bad?

Dropped the S4 off this morning. Took 1 hour to drop the car off. (I was the second person in line, mind you!) I had requested a loaner (and was the first person on their internal loaner list...) Do they offer me a nice Audi? Heck no, they tell me to go to Enterprise Rental to get a car. Offered me a Chevy Cavalier, but convinced them to give me something a litte better. Not sure the Malibu with bald tires and warped rotors was an upgrade.

Please tell me this is a rare occasion, 'cause I'm still remembering the sales people telling me I would get a nice Audi loaner and great service.

Anyone use YBH? Are they any better? If Don Rosen's customer focused service continues, I guess we'll get our next Audi from somewhere else.
Old 03-10-2000, 08:37 AM

Default I use YBH, so far so good

I wasn't able to get a loaner when I dropped mine off and got some Buick Behemoth from Enterprise...but so far the service has been pretty good.

I had a scratch on my bumper that I wanted to be fixed and after they fixed the car they took it over to the body shop. The next day I picked it back up from the dealer good as new. The whole deal took 2 days with the fixes they did as well (had wheel bearing problems). The service consultant I always talk to is Dee and she is very receptive to whatever "complaints" that I have
Old 03-10-2000, 08:37 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Don Rosen is going downhill IMHO...

I used to get a nice bright yellow A4 2.8 (you've probably seen them driving around)...it was done up to look like a taxi. Anyway, that ended about 1.5 years ago and now they use the rental cars. Rosen service was OK when I first started using them (2.5 years ago) but at my last service they drained my 1,000 mile old Mobil-1 (after I told them I already changed the oil) and filled it with their crummy 10w-40 dino oil. They also managed to overfill my 1.8T by a lot! This is a common problem but you think they'd get something so simple right.

One other day when I was up there at lunch walking around their back lot I witnessed some autobody shop on wheels spray painting a used car right in the middle of the parking lot. This was a windy December day and parked within 5 feet of the operation was a row of cars (both new and some in for service) I could smell the paint in the air and I can only imagine the paint overspray that must have landed on the Audi's that were close by.

No more Don Rosen for me. I'm out of warranty as of yesterday (just rolled over to 50k) so I'll be using an independent shop (AWE) for any future service work.

Andy Hedin
'97 A4 1.8Tqms, Garrett, Abt, Borla, UUC, Euro Lights
Old 03-10-2000, 08:46 AM

I'm not sure how they are in terms of mods and warranty issues tho...
Old 03-10-2000, 08:59 AM
Super Moderator

Default They gave half the people Audis and the rest of us rentals...

I don't feel special, but the person in front of me that got an A6 avant does. I'm sure it's because their 1995 A6 is more of a revenue generator than my car!

Frankly their service better be pretty darn good, and their service manager better pay attention when I yell at him tonight. If not, they can kiss that S4 Avant sale good-bye. I'll go to YBH in a minute - good service is far more important than convenience. (I work 4 miles from Don Rosen...)
Old 03-10-2000, 09:03 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default In my experience, YES.

Last time I had anything but the most basic scheduled service done, half of the items I requested were simply dropped! (Brake fluid warning during acceleration - no action required at this time?! Cold starts in cold weather make it almost necessary to use both arms to shift into first and second - normal condition?!)

One time I waited 2.5 hours (!) for Enterprise to drop off my rental. I finally just drove off in my own car, the service having been completed in the mean-time. Needless to say, I'd reserved a loaner in advance. Last time I actually needed them to do any work, it took them a week to do anything at all! (A test drive and an alignment is what was necessary.)

Not to mention that they've never washed or vacuumed my car. Maybe that's a blessing, but they never offered.

I don't have any experience with any other local Audi dealers' service departments, but I think I'll give YBH a try next time.

My friend told me, what kind of service do you expect for $1200 over invoice? Nice to see they're an equal-opportunity pain in the ***, at least.

Gordan
Old 03-10-2000, 09:07 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default S4 Avant?

Um, have they decided to bring it to the US market after all? Got a link to a press release?

Or maybe just a Freudian (indeed, in this case) slip? :-)

Gordan
Old 03-10-2000, 09:15 AM
Super Moderator

Just rumors and mostly wishful thinking...but it sounds good, right?
Old 03-10-2000, 09:35 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Right! And here's to RS4 being next...