S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Donromani's (soon to be) EPIC RS6 thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2009, 07:09 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by complacentsee
I've just been quiet on this forum. You took over my seat as resident post *****. But I managed to take the 6 month post count lead over at QW. lol.

(edited for brevity by donromani)......
Hehe, yeah I am post whoring pretty shamelessly. I going to stop once I reach the hallowed land of Audiworld Senior Member @ 1000 posts, though I'm still looking for a good candidate here to pass the mantle to.

Dude, one of these days someone is going to have to explain to me WTF is so great about threaded view vs. linear. I mean, all I do is click on "go to last page" and then I can see ALL of the most recent comments in the order that they were made. Threaded view is incredibly user-unfriendly IMO. You can't even click anywhere to scroll through the other comments - you get one comment, period. WHY DO YOU USE THIS?
Old 09-29-2009, 03:52 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I went with ASP/WMS tuning but my final file is not done yet. Waiting on my fuel pump so that WMS can log my car.

Been chasing around boost leaks and CELs. Apparantly some of my hoses were not up to handling the extra boost.
Old 09-29-2009, 05:39 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by donromani
WHY DO YOU USE THIS?
Because, it is soooo much better*er.. Mainly because I like to offtopic. But even more so because situations like this:

NEED HELP!! OMG FLASHING CEL, CEL STAYS ON! WHAT DO I DO..

3 initial replys:

1st:
"BOOST LEAK: DID YOU PRESSURE TEST YET????"
"NO, WHAT IS PRESSURE TEST??"
2nd:
"ARE YOU NOW IN LIMP MODE"
"IDK, I'LL ASK MY GF"
3rd:
"DID YOU SELL YOUR FRONT CALIPER????"

Ok, so bad example.
Old 09-29-2009, 11:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

This thing still isn't done yet? You build cars like old people ****.
Old 09-30-2009, 06:57 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by RolledMySTi
Is that sht, or fvck? Both would be right.
Old 09-30-2009, 07:54 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by RolledMySTi

I've actually crunched the numbers, and according to my most recent data old people fvck at about 3x the rate that I build engines, and furthermore, they suffer 50% fewer injuries and report a higher rate of satisfaction.
Old 10-01-2009, 01:38 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default UPDATE: ENGINE IS IN

Been busy lately at work so I have not had time to resize the latest photos for upload. I got a set of gorgeous black inlet pipes Monday, along with the rest of the swag.

After breaking one of the banjo bolts for the coolant supply line to the turbo I had to stop while I waited for a replacement to arrive. I had the DP flanges removed by a custom fab shop and marked the positions of the new flanges so that they can weld those on tomorrow.

The welding work is really the only part of the install the differs from the a typical K04 install. Totally worth the extra effort, IMO.

Swapped out the N75 valve, 4.0 bar fpr replaced with 3.0 bar fpr, installed flywheel, stage 3 clutch and rs4 PP. The 034 engine mounts and tranny mounts are on and sitting pretty. The high capacity fuel pump is in place, the hitachi connection is in place. The new coolant temp sensors are in. Getting close, should be done this weekend

Anyway, pics will go in a reply to this post for all you threaded view weirdos.
Old 10-01-2009, 05:17 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Broke a banjo bolt? ****ty. I wish I had pictures of what I had to do to one of the coolent banjo bolts. One of my k04s was clocked a bit off. 1-3Degrees. The banjo bolt would hit the turbo to exhaust manifold flange. I ended up shortening the bolt by 2-3 thread lengths.
Old 10-02-2009, 04:38 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by complacentsee
Broke a banjo bolt? ****ty. I wish I had pictures of what I had to do to one of the coolent banjo bolts. One of my k04s was clocked a bit off. 1-3Degrees. The banjo bolt would hit the turbo to exhaust manifold flange. I ended up shortening the bolt by 2-3 thread lengths.
I gotta give credit to VAST (or JHM) on the the rs6 turbos. Aside from the flanges they really were a direct bolt on with no fitment issues whatsoever.
Old 10-02-2009, 06:32 AM
AudiWorld Super User

You need to start a new tanget thread. I can't stand linear thread mode. I can't tell who is talking to whom.

Quick Reply: Donromani's (soon to be) EPIC RS6 thread