S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Driving my Bi-Turbo RS4 Avant! No more Clone!

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2011, 01:37 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Driving my Bi-Turbo RS4 Avant! No more Clone!

After waiting nearly three weeks after making the deal on my Nogaro Blau Perleffekt 2001 RS4 Avant it is now in the SF Bay Area! My trucking broker finally convinced one of his guys to go up to Aspen to get the car. A persistent run of foul winter weather had the car pinned down up there for quite some time.
First impression is: "why did Audi not bring this kick *** car to the states? Unbelievable! Hey Audi! breaking news flash! Why not let the customer decide what they want, and as a supplier you just supply it to them?" An amazing revelation(applies to the RS3 as well) Idiots? Geniuses? I can't decide... I think geniuses in most respects but the US marketing people are beyond stupid. The RS3 would be a super cool niche rocket that would command respect in the hot hatch segment(ultra expensive hot hatch segment that is).
Thecar is currently tuned to 435hp on 91 octane. The torque that the 2.7L makes is wonderfully fat.
I have always thought that a proper Audi should of course have quattro, a turbo(or turbos), a manual transmission and of course be in an Avant confiuraton for versatility(dogs, jack, slicks, etc). The new PDK transmissions are pretty hard to beat though.
The car is set up with the Stasis center diff(revised torque split) and handles accordingly(very well indeed).
So far it has arrousedthe interest of just a handful of "in the know" enthusiasts including a fellow driving a black B6S4 Avant that seemed tobe a bit lost. He was looking for the new Audi dealer in Concord and showed up at the Porsche dealer where I work. I pulled up along side him in the RS4 and his jaw dropped. He asked me if it was real and I was happy to be able to say yes this time around.
Old 02-19-2011, 05:51 AM
Banned

First, AWESOME!

Second, how'd you get it?

Third, would you mind at least ballparking how much it cost?
Old 02-19-2011, 09:23 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Fourth, PICS!
Old 02-19-2011, 05:25 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I love that car...I waited too long to pull the trigger when I saw it had come up for sale! Enjoy...and I can't wait to hear and see your experiences. It'll teach me to make a decision a little faster next time.
Old 02-20-2011, 06:47 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Once I heard that the car was being sold, my ONLY task for a full day was to get ahold of Mr."S"(previous owner) to say that the car was sold, to me! I never asked for any sort of discount and I consider the price a STEAL! I paid $49K for the car. Sure, it needs a few things ere and there but if you have ever brought a car in from Europe you will know that after factoring in the EPA and DOT Certs and footwork involved in getting them into the USA, I actually paid about $20K for the car(a 35K mile low mile RS4!, in my opinion a steal!). I'll tell you that if I ever do consider selling it it would be for at least $70K or more! If anyone does not see the value there then so be it. The B5 RS4 is such THE car in Audiland. It is an Avant. A proper RS would only be an avant(@RS2 avant was THE original)and it would only be a manual, and only have a turbo(or two).
{The previous owner had the Stasis center diff installed so the car drifts wonderfully. Under full power the car goes spastic and looses traction at all four wheels(at least in the wet), it can then be played into a sweet drift in off corner acceleration antics }
I later found that when I called to make the deal there were no less than three of my good audi club friends(quattro club geeks) attempting to get the car. It is hard for me to believe that no one else did not just say "I'll take it".
I went to the Euro Car meet in Moraga this AM with and of course took the RS4. The wife was cool and came along. She didn't even complain as per usual when I hit the accelerator from time to time. What a rush! The car is now feeling like it is producing 425-435hp now that I put a fresh tank of fuel in her. It really does haul ***.
In the long tem I'm thinking that 550-600 hp and lb/ft would be nice so long as it can be daily driven dependably. I have always wanted a Porsche Turbo Coupe(I drive them quite often since I sell them at work), but one that I can toss my slicks into and take the dogs to the dog park in.
Old 02-20-2011, 06:52 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

can't figure out how to post pics here
Attached Images  
Old 02-20-2011, 06:53 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

starting to figure it out here
Old 02-20-2011, 07:27 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

OK, practicing with the apple
Attached Images   
Old 02-20-2011, 07:39 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

And another exercise..
I'll try to take some decent shots tomorrow.
Attached Images  
Old 02-20-2011, 07:40 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

can anyone tell me how to change my user name? Can't seem to figure it out..