S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

ECS Tuning...Shipping Dept Getting Kinda Sloppy...Has Not Been My Experience In The Past..

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2005, 08:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ECS Tuning...Shipping Dept Getting Kinda Sloppy...Has Not Been My Experience In The Past..

Made a significant purchase (several hundred $$$)recently over the web and was waiting for my shipment. Since I had paid for 2 day delivery - by the 4th day - when I didn't receive my order - I called them.

Come to find out that when the rep from ECS tried to contact me earlier (to tell me that part of my order couldn't be fulfilled) - they transposed the nbr and left the msg on someone else's voicemail. I told them to drop the out-of stock item from the order and make the delivery.

The item was deleted from my order and the remaining items were delivered. It was upon delivery that I discovered that ECS had shipped me a the wrong swaybar - a REAR bar instead of a FRONT bar, as I had ordered.

Normally, this would not have been an issue, but the combination of leaving a msg at the wrong phone nbr; then shipping an item that was CLEARLY NOT ordered (even after speaking with me on the phone)is just plain ol' sloppy.

I will probably use ECS again, because their track record (with me) before this incident was flawless, but I will always be second guessing them, that's what poor service gets you - unfortunately.
Old 09-03-2005, 08:55 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

i hate the hassles of gettin wrong items... and shipping time not what they say it will be
Old 09-03-2005, 08:57 PM

Bro...I Hear Ya.....
Old 09-03-2005, 09:00 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

It's hit or miss. My orders usually come through far faster than I expect them.
Old 09-03-2005, 09:01 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default in my experience they have been great as well. they messed up one time

but they redeemed themselves very quickly by discounting, and shipping the correct part overnight for free. i've probably spent somewhere between $2000-$3000 at ecs spread across about 15 orders, and that was the only time they didn't get it totally correct. mistakes are inevitable, but they seem to react well after something like that happened.
Old 09-03-2005, 09:03 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Nothing like doing a Turbo install and finding out you're one crush washer short...

It was that one thick one :/ I just reused the old one, they're Cu anyhow. Squished it down good. No leaks... whew.
Old 09-03-2005, 09:07 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

that crap always happens to me.. one pennie short of a dollar..
Old 09-03-2005, 09:11 PM

Default I ended up getting someone elses timing belt kit instead of my order....

After several calls and emails I finally got a hold of someone. I was told my parts where shipped and after a week I didn't recieve them. I called again and my parts where finally shipped out. The whole thing took over 3 weeks to resolve.
Old 09-03-2005, 10:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Sometimes, you just have to be aggressive

Sorry, just had to say it :P

First time I ordered from them, they came through with flying colors (aux. coolant pump, mine was leaking like a defective implant).

Second time they sent the wrong part, but were VERY pleasent to deal with over the phone and we came to an agreement immediately. The correct part arrived very quickly.

I will continue to do business with them
Old 09-04-2005, 06:14 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i won't order from them again. Their rotors suck!!!

Quick Reply: ECS Tuning...Shipping Dept Getting Kinda Sloppy...Has Not Been My Experience In The Past..