S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Everyone's had great experiences with Achtuning, why did I get screwed?

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2003, 02:23 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default You're not the only person that this has happened to. I don't know what's going on there, but even

though Josh is always pleasant to deal with, I know a handful of people who have been promised parts by a certain date and for one reason or another (they always seem to have an excuse) it doesn't show when it should.

I feel bad knocking Josh because he is an asset to this forum and, even when parts are severely delayed, he is attentive to his customers. Nonetheless, this is an example of when excellent customer service can't compensate for poor business practices. I like Josh and I think Achtuning can be a great shop, however their record of promising delivery by a certain date/time is not good, and apparently it is getting worse. I realize that sometimes things are out of their control, but they need to start accounting for that and stop making promise after promise that they can't keep. There is nothing wrong with saying to a customer "I don't think we can get it by then." No one is going to look down on them for that.
Old 05-27-2003, 02:24 PM
Josh@StatusRacing

Default Chris... I'm truly sorry that the IC cores did not show up in time...

My supplier in Jersey really dropped the ball on this one. I paid for you IC cores shortly after your order was placed with us. I talked to them a week ago to see where the order was at in process. They hadn't shipped out yet for whatever reason so I told them it was a URGENT order and I paid them extra for 2nd day air shipping!!! They promised me that they would ship out on last Wednesday and that you would get them on Friday. TWO other shipments went out that day and BOTH received their stuff on time! I don't know what happened and I can't get a straight answer out of my supplier. I called them multiple times today and never got an answer. I left messages and am hoping that they call back soon.

In our defense here, I went WAY beyond the normal efforts on your order. I spent at least 10x the normal time on your order and really worked my tail off getting you taken care of. For instance, I had your Oil cooler drop shipped straight to you (at extra expense to us) and had the hoses/ic brackets/shrouds/clamps/etc all shipped out promptly as well. EVERYTHING that was coming from us (read: everything that I had control over) got to you promptly!!! I truly am sorry about this. I really tried hard to get everything to you in time but for whatever reason it did not work out. It REALLY sucks having to rely on suppliers in this situation. THEY drop the ball, and I get reamed on the forums. Doh!

LASTLY, I just spoke with you on the phone a few hours ago(right before this post?). I told you EXACTLY what was going on. I then hung up the phone and immediately called my supplier. He did not answer and I left him an urgent message! If you were truly this upset about things I wish you would have said something so that we could have worked it out. I'm easy to deal with and we could have worked it out on the phone instead of having to post on the forums.
Old 05-27-2003, 02:30 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Default josh...

I need some euro Porsche parts, can you help?

nasaracerforums@***.net
Old 05-27-2003, 02:31 PM
Josh@StatusRacing

Default Ben is already on it...

he emailed our normal supplier asking for prices and availability on that stuff!!!
Old 05-27-2003, 02:33 PM

well i still love ya!
AudiWorld Super User

Default Yeah, Josh, you suck.

Not really.

When and if some of you whiners on the forum have to run your own business where you are the middle man for some service, whether it be actual product or services performed, you will realize that not everyone works as hard as you do.
When you're in the middle, you're at the mercy of your supplier and you get reamed if they don't do what they have to do when they have to do it.
I give all the vendors a lot of credit for doing what they do and so should you.
Maybe you should plan out your track events better and not whine like Nancy Kerrigan when things don't happen for you yesterday on something with a thin profit margin.

<end rant>

Thank you, that is all.
AudiWorld Expert

w0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000t!
Old 05-27-2003, 02:34 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Default cool thanks...

have three guys interested...me, Jyoteen and Kevin.
Old 05-27-2003, 02:34 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Default Josh, do you guys stock any of this stuff or is everything special ordered? I would think

that maintaining a little stock would help a lot, but then again I know next to nothing about this business.
Old 05-27-2003, 02:35 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Default and maybe even more if he wants some of the CFG action....

but, he'd have to sponsor the board (advertising).

Quick Reply: Everyone's had great experiences with Achtuning, why did I get screwed?