S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Extreme loss of power and jolting started out of nowhere 2002 b5 s4

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2024, 10:10 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Extreme loss of power and jolting started out of nowhere 2002 b5 s4

Hey, I’m losing my **** working on this thing and need some peoples opinions it’s a 2002 b5 s4.
Out of nowhere the car lost power won’t rev above a few thousand rpm and jolts badly it will get small boosts of power then go back to how it was. I replaced the fuel pump, fuel filter, fuel pressure regulator, and mass airflow sensor also tried another ecu I had in the off chance it had to do something with that. I get an engine light with a p103 code even after the new airflow sensor. I can’t afford to keep replacing random **** hoping something will work, also my daily driver. Any thoughts would be appreciated, to get it running as soon as possible.
,thanks
Old 06-23-2024, 07:53 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 139 Likes on 121 Posts

Can you post a diagnostic scan? This data may help identify the fault(s).

For example failing EGT(s) can cause the described symptom.

Have you checked for an intake boost leak? A hose popped off or cracked intercooler can cause this symptom as well.

Best to start with a scan.

Old 06-30-2024, 03:58 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Possible faulty crank position sensor

Originally Posted by Kian
Hey, I’m losing my **** working on this thing and need some peoples opinions it’s a 2002 b5 s4.
Out of nowhere the car lost power won’t rev above a few thousand rpm and jolts badly it will get small boosts of power then go back to how it was. I replaced the fuel pump, fuel filter, fuel pressure regulator, and mass airflow sensor also tried another ecu I had in the off chance it had to do something with that. I get an engine light with a p103 code even after the new airflow sensor. I can’t afford to keep replacing random **** hoping something will work, also my daily driver. Any thoughts would be appreciated, to get it running as soon as possible.
,thanks
Possible faulty crank position sensor -need to scan it.
Old 07-01-2024, 07:18 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Check your MAF wiring and Connectors .

Originally Posted by Kian
,thanks
start by checking if theres any cracked or split wiring.check the plastic connectors for damages.