S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

A/F metering on a Wide-Band O2 sensor

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2004, 01:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default D, no one attacked you, David or Revo. David from ecode asked a question

(imo in an inflamatory way) and Garrett is/was responding in as nice and professional as possible.

He has answered your question. Just look.

Revo has the logs taken from Drew's car on the dyno. Give them a call.

Jeff
Old 09-15-2004, 02:13 PM

Default Jeff, I don't care about David or EuroCode, what I care about is what...

customers (like Drew) are being told. Drew was told his care was running lean and was dangerous when it wasn't. That is the stuff I don't care for. I never brought up David or EuroCode. Garrett just needs to admit that the REVO tune was making great power and isn't in anyway dangerous or lean. Once he does that, then I will back off and stop posting. There is no need to discredit another product in an attempt to promote yours and that is all I see happening here.

Just admit that the REVO tune is fine, works well, and is in no way dangerous.

I just spoke to Drew and he told me that his car did not ping at all on the REVO tune. He also said that the spark plugs were just slightly white not the white that would mean problems. Plus if he runs the colder plug then they are not white all.

Jeff, you know I have nothing against you, but here I think REVO (not David) needs an apology. Or at least an admittance that the software was not lean and will not cause engine damage. From Garrett's last post I think he has already stated this, but I want it made clear so people like avant S4 understand.
Old 09-15-2004, 02:21 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default David I understand just fine. Jeff was going off of the data that we got when we logged the car.

By looking at the logs the REVO tune obviously didn't look safe. The A/F was different on the dyno as has been stated. Drew told us that the car had been misfiring and throwing codes and also that the plugs are now white since running this REVO program. He did not say that they were only slightly white. He said White and I am sure he will admit this. The only thing Jeff or I was trying to do was help Drew out. He said he wanted a safe tune since he would be upgrading to stg 3 soon and didn't care about max power right now. So looking at the VAG logs the REVO tune did not look safe and that is why he tried the GIAC program. And if anyone deserves an apology is Garrett for you attacking his product on things you have no first hand knowledge of.
Old 09-15-2004, 02:31 PM

Default First off my name is Derrick not David. Second I only attack people who are misleading...

others. Garrett just called my cell phone so I am going to call him back and see what he has to say. Once I talk to him I will post what was said. He doesn't think I am attacking him and he know where I am coming from.

Also I have first hand knowledge of Drew's car and tune. More then you do and more the Garrett does.
Old 09-15-2004, 02:54 PM

Default Re: Jeff, I don't care about David or EuroCode, what I care about is what...

customers (like Drew) are being told. Drew was told his care was running lean and was dangerous when it wasn't."
--The car was very lean Derrick. For a few dyno pulls, drag runs, or playing on the street it would not likely hurt the motor at the relatively small power levels Drew was at. Now if we change the situation to a DE event where the car is continuously being pushed things could go differently. The bumps seen on the dyno plot likely indicate lean misfire and back up the Garretts post.

'That is the stuff I don't care for. I never brought up David or EuroCode. Garrett just needs to admit that the REVO tune was making great power and isn't in anyway dangerous or lean. Once he does that, then I will back off and stop posting. There is no need to discredit another product in an attempt to promote yours and that is all I see happening here."
--I do not see where that has happened. The facts were stated as observed. If there is any post here where I or Garrett have bashed Revo let me know and I will correct mine. Should you be held to the same?

"Just admit that the REVO tune is fine, works well, and is in no way dangerous."
-- The tune in the car was lean. This can be seen by the injector timing and the narrow band data.

"I just spoke to Drew and he told me that his car did not ping at all on the REVO tune. He also said that the spark plugs were just slightly white not the white that would mean problems. Plus if he runs the colder plug then they are not white all."
--Ping is different than a lean misfire. Plugs are also not a good indicator of mixture.

"Jeff, you know I have nothing against you, but here I think REVO (not David) needs an apology. Or at least an admittance that the software was not lean and will not cause engine damage. From Garrett's last post I think he has already stated this, but I want it made clear so people like avant S4 understand."
--Show me what was said that is untrue or incorrect. I have sent my logs to Garrett and they were forwarded to Mitch@revo. Call them. I do not see where I have done anything dishonest. Show me with proof that I am mistaken.

Jeff
Old 09-15-2004, 03:06 PM

That was a lot of reading, only thing I have to add is Holy Fvck Villains you are one annoying ****!
Old 09-15-2004, 03:09 PM

Default Yeah, that is why Garrett is calling me on my cell to talk...

because I am annoying. Has he ever called you? Does respect what you think in the slightest? I doubt it. The only people who think I am annoying are the ones that don't seem to understand what is going on. Garrett invited me down to his shop to test drive his car and wants me to see what he can offer because I know what I am talking about. Can you say the same?
Old 09-15-2004, 03:20 PM
Banned

Default Please put this to rest.

Hi,

I just got off of the phone with Villians. I think we have been saying the same thing about the most important point since the beginning. We both agree it was not unsafe for Race fuel. Either program. Please lets just put this all to rest now. Let's talk about racing or something..

thanks,
Garrett Lim
Old 09-15-2004, 03:24 PM

Default Im sorry if I was a bit blunt, but sometimes the truth isnt nice.

If I offended you because I mearly was straight forward and truthful about how I thought then next time I will try to refrain from doing so, i will try to suger coat it as much as possible.

And don't come at me and tell me about what people have to offer to you because you know what you are talking about. You have no clue my friend, no clue. You don't know me just as much as I don't know much about you except how you come across here. And yes I can say the same, not with Garret but with others. Stop talking out of your *** so much, maybe you will learn a new thing here and there if you weren't always so full of yourself.
Old 09-15-2004, 03:25 PM

Default Garrett i commend your professionalism and patience with some people...it's an unenviable position

to be in but you take it in stride...a good sign of character.

Quick Reply: A/F metering on a Wide-Band O2 sensor