S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Fiiiiiiinally got the Milltek installed. My quick initial impressions....

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2001, 03:34 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fiiiiiiinally got the Milltek installed. My quick initial impressions....

I have a good relationship with the guys at a nearby Monroe shop, so they did the job(made me wish for a lift at my house though). I have to say the the fitment of the Milltek is excellent. There is enough room in the pipe to adjust the tips in or out as far as you could possibly want. The hangers are a bigger limiting factor.

The job took almost an hour(mostly because I had trouble deciding about the tip extention. I finally decided that I liked it out a little farther than the stock tips. My opinion only.). It took that long also because both the mechanic and myself spent a bit of time with the car up on the lift listening for any possible leaks. I used the clamps that came with it and also used Wurth Paste at every joint because of all the leaks that have been reported here lately.

At both idle through WOT, I would categorize the sound as "slightly" louder than stock with a noticably deeper sound. The volume difference does increase with RPM's though. At no time did I hear any resonance or drone. By the way, there is a bit of a noticable difference in hp gain. Small for sure, but it's there.

Personally, I love the sound and think it's a perfect match for the car. Deep and serious, but not grabbing too much attention. I want every modification to keep with the "stealth" concept of the car. I'm happy for buying this one.

I'll keep my ears out for leaks. With a bit of luck, they'll leave me alone.

Later,
Old 12-15-2001, 04:39 PM
Banned

kewl...hope the new clamps go on fine.
Old 12-15-2001, 06:04 PM

I had the dealer check after i hit a bump and still no leak on my system
Old 12-15-2001, 06:05 PM
Banned

Default that's good, but t60 and some others, including myself, don't like the cheap clamps supplied with,,,

the milltek.
Old 12-15-2001, 07:28 PM

Default Miltek is the last exhaust I'd put in on an S4....Borla or Supersprint ($$) are best IMO. I had (m)

Miltek on my S4 and sold it after 2 months due to leaks.
Old 12-15-2001, 07:35 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default If the paste doesn't prevent the prob, then the new clamps I'm getting will.

The system seems pretty tight right now, so I might not have to use them.
Old 12-15-2001, 07:42 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Thanks Mike. I'm going to go ahead and get the new clamps, but use them...

when a leak pops up. Or maybe if I'm bored one evening in the near future, I'll do the switch. I'm crossing my fingers about the paste. It seems like good stuff and I was very careful in my application. It might be enough.
Old 12-15-2001, 07:58 PM
Former Vendor

Default All the Milltek S4 systems are

test fitted at the factory before they leave. There was a point in time when these systems had problems with leaks. Phil Millington has assured us that these systems will not leak.

If anyone has a problem call us immediately and we will do whatever needs to be done to insure complete satisfaction.

Call TOLL FREE 866 533 1777<ul><li><a href="http://www.stratmosphere.com">Stratmosphere</a></li></ul>
Old 12-15-2001, 11:42 PM
Banned

ur welcome...i'll be in touch next week...
Old 12-16-2001, 05:27 AM

Default New clamps ? How many different NEW CLAMPS are there ?

How long ago did you buy the exhaust ? I was told when I purchased my exhaust about 6+ months ago that I had a new clamp design. Is there a NEWER one now ??

I love the Milltek exhaust but this clamp thing is getting OLD. Old clamps, new clamps, new new clamps.

I believe mine is leaking a bit .. Need to crawl under the car and verify. If so, I guess I need to request the NEW NEW clamps ?

I just want to feel confident it's not leaking.

Quick Reply: Fiiiiiiinally got the Milltek installed. My quick initial impressions....