S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Forward Facing in the HOV Lane! WOOHOO!! ;)

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2002, 07:21 AM
mm
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Forward Facing in the HOV Lane! WOOHOO!! ;)

Took it upon myself this weekend to turn mm jr.'s car seat around from rear facing to forward facing in the back of our S4 Avant since he is now 1 year plus and over 20 lbs. Took some time to get it right, but it's super secure in there and he seems to enjoy facing forward and being able to see mom and dad as well as where we're going rather than where we've been. Took him for a ride yesterday and he really seemed to enjoy it.

Seat is a Britax Advantage (similar to their Roundabout model but with infinitely adjustable shoulder strap height adjustment via a couple of rotating ***** at the top of the seat). I installed it in the rear center seating position using the rear center seat belt, the car seat top tether, and a seat protector mat that goes in between the car seat and the leather seats. Had to remove the center head rest to accommodate it at the top, but no big deal, the head rest just pulls out of course. Also removed the little plastic cover over the metal rear center tether attachment anchor lug (it just kind of snaps off of the metal lug underneath) so that the metal tether clip would not chew the plastic cover all to hell.

While I had the seat out of there, I also capitalized on the opportunity to clean and condition the rear seat leather with Lexol pH Leather cleaner and Lexol Leather Conditioner. Turns out that the rear seats weren't really that dirty in the least since no one ever sits on them so the cleaning step was probably not really necessary, but they really seemed to benefit from the conditioner now that they're a year old. Need to do the front seats, the door trim, and the other leather surfaces next. Really liked and would recommend the Lexol, nice to work with and very nice results. Leather really seems to benefit from the TLC too.