S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Fvking retarded BMW drivers (rant about stupid/unsafe drivers.. long).......

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 08:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fvking retarded BMW drivers (rant about stupid/unsafe drivers.. long).......

So im on the service road going to work and this laguna seca blue E46 M3 (nogaro or smurf blue as i like to call it) starts to pass and accelerate. Now hes moving at a good tick compared to the driver that was in the right lane ahead of us that we were both going around. As soon as he gets even with that vehicle he slams on his brakes hard. Now for me to have hit my brakes as hard as i did, with the setup i have, i know that he was really really stopping hard. Now upon seeing this the truck in the right lane slow to let me pass this putz. I do so with ease and not even down shifting from 4th at around 40mph. Now coming up to the light he tries to just blantantly cut me off. I go around and this time he gets to see how much better my brakes are The light turns and i decide to hopefully get this fool to stay on the service road and i get on the onramp. It works and he goes tearing across 3 lanes of traffic just to stay on it cause he was so intent on following me. So driving normally, which for me is about 10-15mph over on the freeway. And a few min later guess who i see again? He seemed to be driving somewhat normal at that time but still alittle reckless. But as soon as he saw me again he takes off, cutting people off and just thinking hes really cool. People that just get these cars coming from never having driven a car that comes anywhere close to that power level scare me. they think they can handle a vehicle with that much power when they can barely handle their 150hp vehicles they are used to, just scares me. Im not saying this was the case or that im always mr perfect behind the wheel but, never to that extent. My belief is that these people have these nice cars to they can do whatever they want without any consequences just to think they are showing off. Would have loved to gotten on a nice stretch of open highway to really just humiliate him but something tells me avoiding this person like my gut told me was the best approach. I guess my point is two fold. Dont just buy a car with lots of power if you cant handle a vehicle because this will only further put you in danger due to your poor driving habits. Steup up slowly to each power level, learn how vehicles react and handles and practice with those levels. You started with training wheels on your bike, your car is alot more expensive machine. Second there is always someone faster. Dont go showing off when its reckless and unsafe. If you are going to street race, try to make it as safe as possible ( i know thats and oxymoron of sorts but still). Racing itself has inherent risks. Dont involve others that dont wish to be participating. Again im no saint and do occasionally like to have alittle fun, but my better judgement usually prevails, especially when i know potentially unsafe conditions can/have arrived.
Old 06-04-2007, 09:11 AM

Funny side note i parked next to a silver E46 M3 at work this morning ahh the irony
Old 06-04-2007, 09:18 AM
AudiWorld Super User

E46 but we know what you meant.
Old 06-04-2007, 09:46 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I see lots of fvking retarded Audi drivers daily as well...
Old 06-04-2007, 10:01 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default The way we hand out DL's here shows we don't care about saftey...(long response)

You can get a driver's licence here knowing practically nothing about how you car works and how to use it properly. Our law enforcement focuses on giving tickets too people who speed but are still relatively safe and ignore people who obviously don't know how to drive as long as they are going slow. Idiots who drive slowly in their fancy cars on the passing lane, change lanes without looking but think it's ok as long as their blinker is on and they ease into the lane, speed up just to cut you off when you were driving faster then them the whole time, etc. are the true dangers of the road. It's interesting that we have so many laws that are supposedly for our protection yet they let practically anyone get behind the wheel of several thousand pounds of metal and hurl themselves down the road.
Some countries teach their drivers with manual cars - that's a great start for divers to understand what their car is really doing before going to an automatic. Anyway, around here it's gotten to the point where I don't get surprised too much because whenever I see a BMW, Lexus, AMG Benz (the better the Benz around here, it seems, the worse the driver), Non-quattro Audi, I just assume idiot and stay away or stay extra alert for them. People only care about making money and buying a car for status without knowing anything about the car.
Old 06-04-2007, 10:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

Are you talking about me? Damn
Old 06-04-2007, 10:29 AM

fixed sorry dont know why i typed 49 i know better doh!
Old 06-04-2007, 10:46 AM

Default I completely agree they use them as status symbols for the most part and have no appreciation....

or comprehension of what their vehicle really is. If they are gonna drive that slow go buy the normal edition and save some money. I too fell officers need to re-evaluate as to why/whom they give tickets too. Most the times in this city people are speeding around, as you said, the moron in the right lane is going 10 under pacing everyone in all the other lanes. I respect what they do as i have many friends on the force, but i feel they are concentrating their efforts in the wrong areas when it comes to traffic enforcment. Tyr ticketing the cuase of the speeders , not the effect that caused them to speed around (the moron in the left lane driving 15 under imo should be the ones getting tickets for impeding traffic)
Old 06-04-2007, 10:56 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Exactly..w/o those idiots we wouldn't have to drive so fast to get away from them.

But in the end, it's all about generating more revenue for the city, car companies, oil co.'s, insurance...
Old 06-04-2007, 11:04 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default But those are usually non-quattro Audis

My theory is that an intelligent person would not buy a non-quattro Audi because they would understand the safety/handling advantage. The argument that quattro is not needed in some areas is silly because quattro helps in all environments. Otherwise, your just buying the Audi out of vain, which again, is not smart since Audi made their name because of Quattro.

Quick Reply: Fvking retarded BMW drivers (rant about stupid/unsafe drivers.. long).......