S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Greetings from the Dominican Republic to all my fellow S4 owners....

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2002, 04:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Greetings from the Dominican Republic to all my fellow S4 owners....

Well, after what seemed like a never ending day of delays and security checks at the airports I finally arrived in the motherland, my place of birth (the Dominican Republic). We usually visit twice a year but I haven't been able to visit in the past two years because of school and working summer jobs/internships.

Gonna be here for about 2.5 weeks and I'm sure I'll see some pretty interesting cars seeing as how you can get all the cars you can get in Europe here. I brought my digicam so I'll be sure to snap some pictures of the more exotic ones. I doubt I'll be seeing any S4's though.

Well, on to the good car part. After arriving at the airport and being picked up by government security personnel (my grandfather was a former security of state of defense of the country) we started to make our way to my grandparent's house where we would be staying. I asked if there was an extra car at the house that I could drive. Usually it's the beater/errand car, a green nissan sentra.

To my surprise I come to find out that one of my uncles has his brand new '02 Masserati Spyder sitting in the driveway, silver of course, since it's the fastest. And, as if that wasn't enough. My other uncle, has parked right next to that, his brand new '02 Ferrari 360 Modena Spyder, dark blue w/black top. So I think I'll be taking them out for a spin. :-) I'll take some pics for you guys to check them out but I didn't bring my USB cable for my digicam so you'll have to wait till I get back to L.A. to see them. :-(

As for my S4 content. I miss my car already, but I think the current options in transportation will ease my pain. ;-) I hope you all have a safe and happy holidays.

P.S. Please don't tell the S I'm cheating on her with TWO italian ladies.
Old 12-16-2002, 04:17 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nice....I'll be in the DR thanksgiving week next year for a wedding
Old 12-16-2002, 04:28 AM

Default Must be in Santo Domingo ? I have a place in Cabarete and every now and then exotic cars come thru

The roads have to be a bitch on wheels! Not to mention the rules of the road are there are no rules! A fast car has to be a blast there. . Have fun soaking in the rays and the people in the DR.
Old 12-16-2002, 06:32 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default I just got back from Punta Cana, Paradisus Resort, 2nd time there...

most unbelieveable place. My fiance is Dominican and we go there on every vacation. Have a great time...
Old 12-16-2002, 08:42 AM

Default Re: Yup, right now I'm in Santo Domingo. We'll be going to Casa De Campo in about 10 days.....

Whats the deal with the sig? So easy to slander somebody going out of their way to help you huh? What was so hard about speaking your thoughts or feelings to him while he was in front of you? Ed's not that intimidating...Ü. As far as his work, It's not done in secret and usually made to customer specifications, as far as illicit or improper purpose...Thats up to the consumer. Have a nice day
Old 12-16-2002, 10:09 AM

The facts will come to light soon enough. Patience young grasshopper. Have a nice day.
Old 12-16-2002, 10:21 AM

Default Re: Yup, right now I'm in Santo Domingo. We'll be going to Casa De Campo in about 10 days.....

Ed has been nothing but a gracious, generous professional. He will make whatever you want, according to how you want it, and give you a more than competitive price for the work.

Anything done to your car transpires before you. All the raw material and tools he uses are there for you to inspect. He will take the time to give you a lesson in mandrel bending or in TIG or MIG welding if you are so inclined. It is as open and honest a shop can be.

I will not deny it. I am a customer of Clandestine Hardware and I am very satisfied with the work performed on my vehicle. And I will be a customer again in the near future and expect to find Ed as gracious and accomodating as ever.

The bottom line is whatever is done to your car is done according to what you want, and it is done right in front of you with every step explained and demonstrated.

Thanks for reading,
paultakeda
2001 NB GLX
2.8" race cat and midpipe by Clandestine Hardware

From Dictionary.com
"slan·der (n.): 1. Law. Oral communication of false statements injurious to a person's reputation. 2. A false and malicious statement or report about someone."
Old 12-16-2002, 10:22 AM

Default Re: The facts will come to light soon enough. Patience young grasshopper. Have a nice day.

From Dictionary.com
"clan·des·tine(adj): Kept or done in secret, often in order to conceal an illicit or improper purpose."

This definition matches your reply, grasshopper.
Old 12-16-2002, 10:26 AM

Default I have attempted to keep this off the board via email with Ed. I have no reason to discuss this....

With you or SYNYSTAVR6. I'm now going to delete the above post for that reason. Thank you.