S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Guys. I'm honestly scared to leave my house.

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2001, 05:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Guys. I'm honestly scared to leave my house.

Muslim people all over long island have been being beaten/attacked/raped. The westbury islamic center had protesters outside today. The nypd had to be called in to control the crowd. A girl who wears hijab (covering of the body/head) was raped in stonybrook. And a pakistani store was set on fire in suffolk.

I've gotta makes sure i shave my shadow that i've had for the past few days before i head to work tomorrow.

I swear to god i've never been so scared in my entire life.
Old 09-12-2001, 05:43 PM

Hang tight, it'll pass. People are just all riled up...
Old 09-12-2001, 05:47 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Hang in there, and I'd seriously consider staying home for a couple more days

Pizza and chinese delivery sounds like a good move. Angry people are idiots. It really ticks me off that they don't realize they are playing right into the terrorists plans by doing this.
Old 09-12-2001, 05:47 PM

Default Honestly, I expect more of...

...U.S. citizens than that. That kind of mindless reaction is driven purely by anger. I heard that two latinos beat the hell out of a middle-eastern guy in the San Francisco Bay area. Makes you wish there was a **** on the world so you could turn up the intelligence.
Old 09-12-2001, 05:51 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default i'm scared cause i have to get into the city tomorrow; being stranded yeasturday.......

was the worst feeling in the world. i felt so helpless not being able to let my parents and GF know i as ok; also IF it was the begining of WW3 (which the thought did cross my mind when i heard that DC was also getting bombed)being stranded in NY kept me apart from being with loved ones during what could have been our final moments.

sorry if i sound like i'm over reacting.
Alex
Old 09-12-2001, 05:52 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lee, where do you work again?
Old 09-12-2001, 06:03 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default That TOTALLY pisses me off!!!!

Why would ANYONE be angry enough at a situation that someone else caused...and than go out and commit MORE evil for vengeance? It doesn't make sense at all. Raping a girl just because she's wearing the same type of clothing as Muslims wear...it just goes to show that EVERYONE has the potential of "evil". How can people justify evil for another evil???

I'm disgusted...and now, I'm leaving work.
Old 09-12-2001, 07:06 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Default I suggest...

wearing an American flag on your clothes and on your car...I'm sorry that this ignorance affects fellow Americans...most of my wife's family were internees during WW2 and many served in the 442 all Japanese-American units.

Unfortunately, people first seek to get revenge and revenge as a concept is pretty much never "rational".

Though its shameful that you would even have to think it, I think you should go out of your way to show patriotism and wear and use symbols as a possible deterrant...a good license plate frame might help too to protect you while in your car (or while your car is parked).
Old 09-12-2001, 07:40 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Default Interesting thing is according to a CBS poll....

That over 60% of Americans are wanting some kind of revenge even if it kills innocent lives.

Makes sense as we are all just animals, really.
Old 09-12-2001, 08:05 PM

Default I'm so sorry man. I gotta say that I have yet to look at an Arab-American and think anything...

...negative toward them. People descending from other countries are living here for a reason. They want to. Non-white or non-Christian citizens are not the problem. Hurting them will not solve anything for us as a nation. Careful analyzation and well-thought tactics are the only answer. If we are to do something to retaliate and "correct" what has happened, we must be 110% correct in what we do. No speculation, no doubts.

Steve