S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Height adjustability with Koni Coilovers

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2006, 09:47 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Height adjustability with Koni Coilovers

Hi,
I honestly just finished one hour looking through the archieves, and did not see my question asked (sorry if it's out there and I missed it).

I read tons of messages about the small differences between the standard Koni coilovers and the STaSIS Street set-up. One of the differences with the STaSIS is a polyethylene spacer which apparently allows height adjustment after completion (in their directions, they call it fine tuning height adjustment). I find this very appealing for situations where you mount the suspension, get the wheels on, lower it and there is one or more wheels that are a little off. With this set-up you can adjust it with out taking everything off and redoing it all.

Finally, here is my million dollar question: with the standard Koni coliovers can you make minor height adjustments after installation? And I guess a follow-up question for those with the standard Koni's, after installation did the height's on all four corners come out close to spot on? Meaning no minor adjustment was really needed, thus making it a mute point.

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks!
Old 02-18-2006, 04:16 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Both the Stasis and the Koni can be adjusted because they are the same thing.

The extra spacer was added to the Stasis kit because people were complaining about the difficulty of adjusting the suspension. I have the original Stasis set that didn't have the spacer and I can still make adjustments. It just needs a little muscle to get it to move.
Old 02-18-2006, 07:57 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

thanks! (nt)