S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

hello from norway in regard to recent events...

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2001, 04:57 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I have a relative who was lost in an attack against German shipping in Norway...

while flying a Mosquito fighter/bomber.

Too bad he didn't crash into that *******'s parents house.

It's all very easy to be smug and cynical but where was Norway when my relatives were fighting WW2? They were fighting a covert guerilla war with massive aid and support from the allies.
Old 09-19-2001, 04:58 PM

I was trying to goad him along. These guys are funny.
Old 09-19-2001, 04:59 PM

Default Noam Chomsky is an excellent writer, btw. The rest of your comment?

Well, I'm glad it got moderated. Noam Chomsky has discussed many of these ideas. I won't waste my time anymore trying to explain things to people. Yes, US foreign policy sucks, but the deaths of innocent people can't be justified because a policy of an eye-for-an-eye only leads to a blind world. (I hope I got that aying right) My point is that once people simmer down, we will all realize that a large part of the events that occured on Tuesday last week occured because of our twisted foreign policy. These people don't give a damn how much freedom or rights we have, they are attacking in retribution for us Americans imposing our beliefs on them. The way those people see it, we Americans were repsonsible for the deaths in so many different places in the world (including their own homes and villages, losing many loved ones) that they are in fact serving justice (in their minds) by attacking this country. Its tough to do, but you know how every American wants blood and wants to go to war? Well, since America attacked them so many times, they felt the same with in their country seeing our Presidents as their OBL's. They are fighting a war, just as much as we may fight a war. Tough to understand, very tough to understand. When we understand this and take the higher moral ground of punishing only those who committed the crime and not an entire country or group, we will have won and prevailed and hopefully prevented further attacks on us on our soil.

If anyone wants to respond to this, take it up with me via e-mail PLEASE. Otherwise i will get rid of this post via deletetion (don't purposely post garbage to get me to delete it either, I'll do it at my discretion)
Old 09-19-2001, 05:10 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Default EXTREMELY oversimplistic...

To attempt to explain the problems of countries with tremendous political/religious conflict and the largest inequity between rich and poor in the world as originating in the US is ludicrous.

The US won WW2, it dominates the world militarily AND consumes an unequal share of the world's resources in reward. The middle east has the lion's share of oil reserves and is now and will continue to be at the whim of the US.

Already people have forgotten the COLD WAR which was a real shooting war and Viet Nam, Korea, Afganistan...those were all battles in the cold war (which we won by the way).

People are so narrow minded in viewing conflict in a historical perspective. An event is surrounded by at least A HUNDRED years of history which influenced it.
Old 09-19-2001, 05:12 PM

Default Can we take it offline? If you do, just e-mail me, otherwise, I'll let it end there. *edited*

You're right, its a very complicated topic, but I've given up on online arguments. There is no way to force the other person to answer your questions. Oh well, that's life. I don't agree with what you wrote though. Sure we may have won WW2, but that doesn't mean that we are allowed to go around the globe murdering people. I'm glad that a lot of the American public is starting to finally see the points I am making as true (as seen on numerous news channels). Its only a matter of time until we leave other people alone in the world and try to fix ourselves instead of others.
Old 09-19-2001, 05:16 PM

Default what's so sad is Europeans have short memories, regarding WW2

Another thing is that the US is the one that mostly funded NATO, which kept the Soviets off their asses. What would Norway have done without that; throw snowballs at them!

I understand our policies have been a bit erratic, but overall our record of helping and giving outnumbers everyone by 100 to 1, at least.

Someone should tell this guy to long walk off a short fjord.
Old 09-19-2001, 07:09 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I think, you give too much credit to the people involved in last weeks attack.(specif motivations)

there are some very specific and PETTY reason's that SMALL group did this...

and it has little or nothing, to do with the things you listed

they DID NOT, enegage in this, for those altruistic or "payback", reasons
that's what I've been trying to say to you for a while...

people may be understanding towards them because of the feelings you listed,
BUT that gives Al Queda and it's leaders, more credit than they deserve
Old 09-19-2001, 09:01 PM

Default Would we go to war without knowing our enemy?

The answer should be a very surefooted NO! Until we give these people the "credit" and consider them a real threat and open up our eyes to our own follies, we can never deal with it. As sad as I feel for last week, I'm not blind to the fact that we in America contributed to it. These people aren't crazy nor are they psychotics, they are very commited to their cause. Shouldn't we ask why? You speak of petty reasons, what are those? I'd like to hear them because I've discussed it with many leading terrorist experts and most (if not all) will agree that there are bigger reasons than the public can or wants to understand.
Old 09-19-2001, 09:26 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default lets have lunch and talk about it.....my hands cramp up :-P

the people in general have legitimate greivences, against the West an dthe US
but my issue with the extremist views..is that they twist this to fit their own agenda
which is both petrsonal and to a small extent relates to the Russian/afgahn conflict
Old 09-19-2001, 09:29 PM

I'm down... e-mail me. I owe you big time for helping me out with my car. =) Thanks.

Quick Reply: hello from norway in regard to recent events...