S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

here's why I will keep my B5 S4

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2002, 05:37 AM
Maestro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default here's why I will keep my B5 S4

I actually like the B6 body style now, BUT: unless AOA takes the warranty/free maintenance value out of the car's price I will not be getting ANY Audi while I live in the US.

Audi does make great cars, but their choice of emplyees for US company is a joke. As a result, dealer service is a joke. I get MUCH better service for my Montero.

Nothing feels as good as *service advisor* telling you that your car is on the lift (for interior electrical short, mind you), being worked on for the last three days when you just saw your car sitting outside in the same exact spot you left it 3 days ago.

I'll keep the B5 and from now on will pay out of pocket for any repairs (well, unless something MAJOR happens) and will give my money to someone deserving it. I'm really fed up with these idiots!

Good morning to all
Old 12-30-2002, 05:43 AM

Good Mornin!
Old 12-30-2002, 05:47 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I'm with you Michael. It's BS that they "make" you pay for the crappiest service, both customer,

and most of the time actual service. Parts not in stock and no rush to get them. Lying to you about working on it, etc., it's such BS for a 40,000 car. My Toyota dealership is so much better about customer service, albeit my 4runner never breaks so I only see them occasionally.

I am actually going to be happy in 5 months when my warranty runs out so I never have to see an Audi service place again. An aftermarket warranty and a good Audi/Porsche mechanic are all I need.
Old 12-30-2002, 05:52 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Yeah, they definitely need better quality control when it comes to dealers.

Personally, I am pretty happy with my dealer/shop, but the stories I hear on here are terrifying.

-st
Old 12-30-2002, 05:59 AM
Elder Member

Default You have a Montero?! BWAHAHAAHAHA!!! *wipes tear from eye*...

Just kidding, Montero's are cool. :-)
Old 12-30-2002, 06:04 AM

Default I simply like the B5 Better!

It has a better shape!

"Climbing on Soap Box"

All the newer vehicles coming out of Europe, and the US for that matter are begining (hey they have been like it for a long time) to look like suppositories (spelling). Any car that looks the same when it is coming or going to me is pretty lame. And as for the "round, slips in easy with minimal lubrication" boot (trunk) style, well you can keep that.

I think BMW are the only manufacturer that has not given in and gone to the suppository look..... For Now.

Just look at the Taurus, Yuk! Mazda Millenia, 500m, all simply large suppositories. Looks like car designers are all being given a labotomy!

"Off Soap Box"

Changes the way you see some cars, doesn't it?

Regards,

SWR
Old 12-30-2002, 06:07 AM
Elder Member

You're nuts! ;-) I think since the E46, BMW designs have gone down hill, that new 7...yuck.
Old 12-30-2002, 06:14 AM

Default The 330 Series still looks pretty trick in my books.

I will admit the larger models are designed by partial labotomy patients. But I was trying to stay in the S4 class when doing the BMW comparison.

Not that nuts!

SWR
Old 12-30-2002, 06:25 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, just wait for the next 3 series though, it will be just as ugly as the new 7 and 5.
Old 12-30-2002, 06:27 AM
zon

Default who would you choose for service? <more>

today i had a "audi-screw" experience. i really want to vent.

i had scheduled a timing belt change + 65k mile service totalling just short of 2 large grand of US dollars. i asked for a loaner and they said call back to confirm b4 the service date, i did exactly that, they said call on monday (the service date). which i did again at 8:00am they said yes we have a loaner for you. so i show up, the manager tells me the loaner is broken and can't release it to me (only 1 loaner???), and that it is for warranty clients only anyways. so i said i called this morning and you told me there is a loaner for me. he said "you see that car out there? it has mechanical problems.. blah blah blah" no **** i see that car has problems, but how does that become my problem. my vacation is semi-screwed because i was told of things which you can't fulfill. and instead of asking me if i see the car, maybe you should atleast apologize for making me make an unnecessary trip to the stupid dealer.

you can bet your *** i'll never EVER schedule any "service" with them anymore. a timing belt change labor parts and 65k service = 2k ? when i told this to my co-worker I lost all my respect. he wasn't even willing to pay 300 dollars for his timing belt change. he spend under 140 for parts and changed it out himself (a honda)

now i know you can't compare a honda and an audi, but some of the money is suppose to go in courteous service and care!

Quick Reply: here's why I will keep my B5 S4