S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Hoffman Audi - Danbury, CT: you're experiences?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2002, 05:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hoffman Audi - Danbury, CT: you're experiences?

I suppose that I'm blessed that there's a dealership 10 min from my house, 10 min from my work and 10 min from my wife's work.

I haven't been to Hoffman Audi yet, anyone care to comment on the service and attitude there?
Old 04-19-2002, 06:04 AM

There's a Hoffman Audi in Danbury? I thought it was in East Hartford.
Old 04-19-2002, 06:30 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Danbury Audi is in Danbury, CT - I used to live there, but I bought my Audis from Valenti Audi in...

Watertown, CT (exit 17 off 84). I didn't have a good experience with Danbury's salesmen. Friend's parents have had problems with the service shop. The location sucks as it's right on the road and very congested. But the one good thing I always hear is about Danbury's body shop. I forget the head guy, but they are supposed to be outstanding.

So, if you're near Danbury, I'd consider other dealerships. If you're near Hoffman in Hartford, I'd go there. Justin, one of (or the only?) service advisor is an enthusiast as well and has an Imola S4.

And finally, if you are in CT, get your butt over to <a href="http://ctny.audiworld.com/join">http://ctny.audiworld.com/join</a> and follow the instructions to be on our email discussion list, which is the perfect spot to be asking questions about area dealers, events &amp; happenings, etc.

Take care,
Old 04-19-2002, 07:29 AM

Default Re: There's a Hoffman Audi in Danbury? I thought it was in East Hartford.

I didnt like any of the dealers in CT, especially the one in wallingford. The one in EH was closest to my work....but i live in san antonio now...so who cares!
Old 04-19-2002, 10:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

That's what I meant.
Old 04-19-2002, 05:30 PM

Default Got my 01 Black/Silver there last September.

Got it for 1K over invoice, but only after leading them on for nearly a month. They were cool about it though. No complaints at all about service, they have been good to me so far. On time, and the car is always washed when I get it back.
I went to an airbag/saftey demonstration one night last fall and the service manager was answering questions. There was another (younger) kid there asking questions about chipped S4s and this is what the SM said-
If we denied everyone who had a chip in their S4 service, we wouldn't have any customers. The kid goes.. so you service chipped S4s? And the SM goes yes. So.. for whatever that's worth.
If it came down to it though and AOA said no to the warranty work I think the burden would be on the customer, regardless of what the SM said. But they aren't ***** about chipped cars.