S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

how much additional money would you pay if AoA starts offering a real quattro sport ware....

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2003, 03:58 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how much additional money would you pay if AoA starts offering a real quattro sport ware....

Obviously, you can pretty much have any type of goodie from quattro in Germany as long as you have cash to pony up.

question is, does the American market have a big enough appetite for quattro GmBH to start offering it's reworked automobile wares. I'm not talking about shirts and jackets, but real honest to goodness engine modifications that are dealer installable only and thus warranteed by either quattro themselves, or Audi of America.

I would consider quattro part of Audi, and synonomous with Audi AG, even though it's a seperate entitty technically.

So, you can look forward to pricey stuff, but it's tested and warranteed and GUARANTEED to perform as it would constitute false advertising if they didn't.

Or will people go elsewhere because cost is an issue? I would think that it is at least 25-50% additional cost over the modifications offered by tuners. What would be an acceptable added %age for you to buy from Audi than a tuner.
Old 09-29-2003, 04:03 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

what modificatons are you talking about that are B5 S4 specific
Old 09-29-2003, 04:04 PM
AudiWorld Super User

I am a cheap bastard so No, I would not give them anymore money.
Old 09-29-2003, 04:07 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default $2K

3K if it was uber RS stuff
Old 09-29-2003, 04:07 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Default chip, exhaust, intercoolers, turbos, heads, pistons, cams, cooling systems

braking systems, suspension setups, sway bars. The whole lot. I don't know precisely what consitutes quattro's catalog, but let's for discussion's sake imagine just about everything is offered.

Probably similar to either BMW Motorsport type offerings or even wider range of products. For the entire Audi line, just not the B5.

I would also think that they would cover up to 10 years worth of model years. So, in essence, in a couple of years, the B4 would not be part of any of the quattro catalog.
Old 09-29-2003, 04:08 PM

Default i honestly thought thats what i was getting into in the first place....i paid alot of money for this

car and boy am i paying for it now.
but to answer your question, yes, because the added assurance of quality ahs to be worth something. the real question is whether they woudl really stand behind it or not. subaru advertises their cars WOT thru mud, basically rallycrossing, but if you blow a shock/tranny/turbo while racing, you will be denied. and noone has really brought up the false sdvertising thing yet. hell, they were giving scca memberships for auto-x with the purchase of a rex, when my friend blew his tranny during an auto-x, thats the furst thing they used against him as reason to not warranty, even though the problem has turned out to be a consistent gear wekness provn over and over again. oh well, pay to play blah blah blah i hate that phrase right now

end bitterness......

nice post though, it would be nice if it happened.

joe
Old 09-29-2003, 04:09 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Default are you thinking 2K above any and all products? or is that just for starters?

I'm presuming 2 levels. One 'enthusiast' line and one 'sport' line. Sport line is the RS goodies. There would be a motorsport type offering for the RS stuff which is a seperate line, and the motorsport stuff would not be installable on the 'basic' cars.
Old 09-29-2003, 04:10 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default I would pay for a chip since I have another 3 years warranty left and dont want to lose it

so the deal is if we buy them we have to get them installed at a dealer? if you have some info that everyone else doesnt about this pls share, or are you just posting hoping AoA notices this?
Old 09-29-2003, 04:11 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Default I think if you attended a timing event, the warrantee would be void.

if they could prove it. Autocross is a timed event, so there is a natural desire to push the car to it's absolute limits and maybe even exceed them.
Old 09-29-2003, 04:11 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default with a 2002 S4, you are teh dumb, there's a reason they made the RS-4

in the year 2000

but if Dinan can find an underwriter for their Blowers and stroker-engine kits

then AOA should easily be able to do the same

Quick Reply: how much additional money would you pay if AoA starts offering a real quattro sport ware....