S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

I feel sorry for future B6 S4 owners

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2002, 07:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default That is the problem. Too many people are commenting without driving the competition. "Rattles and

ringing?" I have driven most of the whole lineup of new BMW's and I have not seen any of these problems. The only BMW's I saw afflicted with these issues were older, high mileage models. I think if some of these guys got to drive, say a new E46 M3, they would be impressed by the poise, handling and feel of the car.
Old 09-16-2002, 07:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default I've driven just about everything you have

And yes, even I have friends who have Lexus, Mercedes and BMW's. Yes, Audi resale is weaker than the others. And I have even steared friends of mine to Lexus and Infiniti and the likes if they are interested in cars with overall better quality and dealer service (something Audi is very very weak in).

As far as resale. Do we ignore where Audi was comming from with the unintended acceleration debacle that 60 minutes spewed? Do we forget the Ferdinand Pieche was in a rebuild frame of mind with Audi and that the A4 was the first iteration of that? You take a car company that almost pulled out of the US and turn it around like that.

As for fit and finish. My car of nearly 4 years is as good as the day I bought it. I've seen many a Lexus because the majority of my coworkers buy Japanese. Those cars that had great fit and finish in the beginning look pretty sad after only a couple of years. Can't deny that.

BTW. My original post was because this board is almost as bad as a BMW board. You all as in S4 posters turned your flame throwers on based off of one article. And AGAIN I say now that Audi has the B6 platform out, they can concentrate on engine/suspension tweaks. If the article is correct, that doesn't necessarily mean that't the end of the line with S4 development.

You've signed, sealed and delivered this car to its grave before its even out.

Amro
Old 09-16-2002, 07:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Well then an enthusiast wouldn't judge a car before it's even been built.
Old 09-16-2002, 07:30 PM
Elder Member

Default Well, to answer your question...

I've never said "the S4 sucks" or "the S4 is a piece of ****e" or "the M3 0\/\/nZ j00." The S4 is a very good car, but it has many flaws that I find quite annoying at this price point. I am further annoyed by Audi's apparent lack of interest in fixing or improving on known issues when thay clearly have the ability to do so.
Old 09-16-2002, 07:35 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default you guys are so busy converting your S4s to RS4s, why not spend the same energy making the new

S into an RS6?
Old 09-16-2002, 07:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default I will agree with that

Audi does tend to be in denial with some issues. But if you look at the other enthusiast boards, you'll see the same thing.

I'm not saying Audi is doing everything right. I think they're on the right track (parden the pun). They've had a hell of a time rebuilding themselves. Now, I think they're at a point where they can have a little fun. I definately think BMW is more performance oriented. It time for Audi to get into that mode.

There's a reason though, we are all here. We saw something in these cars that others did not. Otherwise why not just go with the Bimmer?

Amro
Old 09-16-2002, 07:52 PM

Default Actually I haven't, I am willing to view what happens. However, to tell you the truth, I am

not interested in the new S4 anyways. I am looking at sports cars now... 8-)
Old 09-16-2002, 08:08 PM

Says who? Enthusiasts have passionate opinions. By definition!
Old 09-16-2002, 08:11 PM

Ever tune a NA? Not as easy as a turbo-charged car, and certainly not as cost effective!
Old 09-16-2002, 08:22 PM
hwj
AudiWorld Super User

Default You're all wrong!

The Chevrollac Monte Sunfiero is the best car in the world. Everything else is a cheap imitation!!

;-)

Quick Reply: I feel sorry for future B6 S4 owners