S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

i need some help protecting a newly decked block and head

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2024, 09:23 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i need some help protecting a newly decked block and head

hello! im here to ask what can i do to protect my newly decked block?
i might have done this in the wrong order but thats how it had to happend if im going to be ready for the season with this engine

im posting in S4 part of the forum as i know there are more people building these cars then the A4 but my question does not apply to the engine type

I have coated the whole block and top in WD40 as of now but i might want to paint it how can i mask the deck? can i just clean of the wd40 mask it of and paint it and leave the masking tape? or wil it rust under the tape? im not getting my hone tool before 7th of march and i cannot put the engine together before that and i have seen people on youtube have their engines masked of but i never know if they are allready decked or how long they stay that way

im doing this to learn this will be my first time building a engine from a bare block and this is just a semi temporary engine refresh until i go all out so if there is no way to be sure the decked block wont rust i just want paint it i rly just want to get rid of the rust on the side

Thanks for all feedback here is a picture of the project