S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

I want to add XR program to my GIAC KO4 ECU (Mbox FWIW)... can anyone do it besides AWE?

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2006, 11:26 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ce faci bai pescare ?
Old 11-29-2006, 11:31 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Ahh, the discount...

I knew that had to be part of it.

Josh, it's not as simple as you may think. I hate to break it to you. There are some products that I can discount and others I can't. Case in point is IC's. First, I don't have the margin and second there is limited supply.

You also brought up my next point. Other AWE Tuning dealers. We sell both retail and wholesale. We have to be very careful. By me discounting, and you purchasing from me, I could potentially be taking food out of one of my dealers mouths. That's not the goal.

You called our dealer up, he had the product, and you bought it. We made money, he made money, and you got what you wanted.

It's a slippery slope. I sometimes discount to help retain and thank my existing clients, but I have to keep in the back of my mind that I don't want to upset our 600 jobber accounts we have worldwide. Follow me?

About 7 years ago I was on the same end of the phone as you. I know exactly how you are feeling. I can sympathize. Trust me, I will help out when I can sometimes at the expense of money not making it into my own pocket.

You will not find anyone more enthusiastic talking to car guys then me. Why? Because I still am one. Which leads me to my next point. Todd...

He is an enthusiastic and passionate business owner with a lot riding on his shoulders. He is controversial and opinionated, but for good reason. We all work too hard to have our company and products bashed for no good reason. Therefore he refuses to sit back and let forum members openly talk trash about him, his company, or his staff.

If you can't appreciate that, I'll understand. However, put yourself in his shoes. What would you do as a business owner? How would you handle the internet forums?

Bottom line. You are appreciated. Everyone that spends money here is appreciated. That said, I truly thank you for your business.

I wish we could have some of you here spend a year working here. It would ALL MAKE SENSE...
Old 11-29-2006, 11:38 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default the discount was not the main point i wanted to put across...

But I understand what youre saying. Im not going to argue about Todd, but ill just say that my issue is not about him defending his products or his business. Thanks for your time Mike.
Old 11-29-2006, 11:42 AM
AudiWorld Super User

What is it? I'm giving you an oppourtunity to vent. I would really like to know.
Old 11-29-2006, 12:42 PM

TJ: sorry to interupt.. but I think I can tell the issue already..
Old 11-29-2006, 01:09 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I'll take the credit for that one.. :)

Seth is fantastic. He is my go to guy in Florida.
Old 11-29-2006, 01:15 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default With all due respect. What is your guess?

I am just trying to figure out if there is a legit issue, or something else.

Over the years we have noticed forum users posting hate simply just to stir up trouble.

They never dealt with us personally, but are looking for exceptance from the group. They basically are trying to find their own identity on the forums.

They do this by bashing everyone in sight or a particular tuner.

I'm indifferent about. It's just part of some people's personalites. I can understand the need for acceptance.

You just have to roll up your e-sleeves and deal with it.
Old 11-29-2006, 01:30 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Yea, I know what you mean..

WHen I hit something on the road and bent the center piece of my AWE DTS I called and asked AWE to sell me the bent piece. They said they didn't do that so I had to buy the entire DTS again, and sold the bent one on ebay.

I was also irritated when APR told me they won't sell Bipipes without the powdercoating, because it's integral part of it being air tight. I wanted to buy one unpainted and have it ceramic coated.

Then I put myself in their shoes for a second.. If I sold the stuff I would not want the hassle of special orders. I'd want to make up a big batch of whatever product I had and offer them for sale as advertised.

I like the guys at AWE. I'm pretty much done with S4 mod buying but if I'm ever lucky enough to own a porsche I'll gladly buy the mods from them.
Old 11-29-2006, 02:14 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Yea...thanks for the recommendation on that about a year ago...

Was a long as drive, but worth it...Good shop...Thanks Mike
-Chris
Old 11-29-2006, 02:37 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default LOL!! ok mike, you hit the nail on the head with that one, got me.

I told you how i felt about everything, what dont you understand? My issue with Todd? Ive only spoken with him once or twice, but he always comes off as rude to me. Therefore, i dont like speaking with him...

Quick Reply: I want to add XR program to my GIAC KO4 ECU (Mbox FWIW)... can anyone do it besides AWE?