S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

I want to add XR program to my GIAC KO4 ECU (Mbox FWIW)... can anyone do it besides AWE?

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2006, 05:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ok this is my guess...

I only had gread experience with AWE, and never had the problem..

this is just my guess..

I understand AWE can't get discount.. but AWE vendor can.. misunderstanding can be created in this situation..
Josh might think... 'I have been great customer for AWE, and I have spend so much money; however, I can't even get great deal.... why can't Mike give me for wholesale price?'

however, Mike's position is different, when he can give wholesale price to everybody he wants, that will create a big lose and can make Todd angery... (ofcourse Mike don't wana get trouble)

lol.. this is just theory so far.. (I am business major and just having fun with this situation)

The real problem is that Mike is keep brining up with I.C discount; however, that's not the main issue in here and I dont think Josh really like that. Instead, the problem is that the way Josh should have treated as discount wise.

On the other hand, Josh has to understand the different operation system with small business and big business. If AWE was a samll business like AWE vendor, I'm sure Mike could have throw some part or service; but AWE is too big and Mike's power isn't big enough (sorry Mike). All he can do is sell it with fixed price to customer and provide customer support.

The demand is high but supply is limited for AWE. IN AWE's point of view, there is no reason to adjust price since the demand is already high. I understand this from owner's point of view, but the real world is different. Tuning industry like you have fixed customers. It's hard to expand the pie. All you have is fixed pie and need to share it with other busiensses. Your relationship with customer is more important than anything. Because you are mostly dealing with repeat coming customer. You should have offered him some discount (I know you couldn't, but at least you should have try to ask Todd) or if you couldn't, you should have offerd him something els.
AWE, you are losing your customers. Eventhough your parts is the best; if you dont have good relationship with customers, you won't be able to sell in the long-run.

AWE needs to make it straight with their customers in here. Your number one priority is to make the best product, and I guess you guys already know that. But please keep the second priority in your mind as well.

I didnt do any prof-reading or anything.. I am too lazy, and English is my second language... if something doesn't make sense, ignore it..

lol
Old 11-29-2006, 05:59 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default I thought the same "like duuhhhh, read above"...

my impression is that AWE does nothing wrong nor accepts responsibility for any issues. (all reading comprehension or lack of understanding aside)

This is to their detriment on-line.

I've stayed out of the tooner-frag till now because it is all just "drama". And the problem with the "drama" is that the vendor ALWAYS, yes, ALWAYS gets trashed.

When will they learn.....
Old 11-30-2006, 05:30 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Josh, that was not directed at you. It was generalization. You missed the point.

There are users that have legit problems and others that just want to stir shiz up. I have regained many customers by doing this exact same thing I'm doing to you. Instead of having these surpressed issues, I call them on it. I find out the problem, and fix it. It's simple.

You have a problem with Todd. I need to find out why.

Todd has not picked up the phone here in years. I doubt you have spoken to him. Are you getting him confused with someone else?

I don't want to turn you off to AWE. I want to make you a happy customer. What is getting lost in the translation? Is it my approach?
Old 11-30-2006, 05:31 AM
AudiWorld Super User

huh?
Old 11-30-2006, 06:33 AM

Default My problem is simple. I bought the S-Flow from you, it destroyed my MAF, I called

to see why I wasn't told that there are conflictions with the Bosch MAF and the S-Flow having oil in it. (I was new to the car and not knowledgeable in this respect). My answer was "You weren't told? Sorry".

I then asked if I can be compensated for the price of the MAF I had to purchase due to your product killing it. (Pretty much the same price I paid for the S-Flow). "Sorry, no" was the CSR's answer. I stated I will never do business with AWE again.

This all happened around the Holiday Season last year. I asked my family to get me AWE gift certificates due to the proximity of your business to me, and all of the good things I had heard about you not only from Audi folks, but people that just heard about you and your business going from a small 1 bay garage to what you have today. (Extremely nice facility). That made me even more comfortable with doing business with AWE.

I was wrong.

In hind sight the lack of a warning, or any information upon purchase of the S-Flow and the possibility of it ruining an OEM part of my car is what makes me even more upset.

I am sure this is not your business practice, but I have a feeling if I dropped a larger amount of money, or wasn't there to use gift certificates the end result may have been different.

No need to apologize, or reply Todd/Mike.

I promise that I will not be involved in any more post here that have anything to due with AWE. In either a negative or positive fashion...

Brendon-
Old 11-30-2006, 07:21 AM

Default Someone here told you that??

First, as a non-newbie you should know by now that Bosch MAFs fail if you look at them funny.

Why you would *still* after all this time be holding us responsible in some way for the failure is, quite frankly, bizarre.

Either you still somehow believe that an ITG filter that thousands of people have been using on this car, whether purchased as part of our S-Flo kit or as a DIY kit, indeed killed your factory defective Bosch MAF.

Or you are blackballing us forever and with all your might because someone here told you that the S-Flo killed you MAF and we were not going to do anything about it.

Both scenarios just seem way out there in left field.

Or maybe I still don't understand.
Old 11-30-2006, 09:58 AM

Default As I stated in my post. " I was not knowledgeable about the car at that time".

I had bought the car 1 month prior to buying the S-Flow, so yes, I *was* a NooB at that point.

Yes, the ITG filter that has oil in it, yes it kills a Bosch MAF. You know this, why would you act differently is beyond me.

I'll stay "Way out in left field" (Closer to good companies such as ASP)

Thanks,

Brendon-
Old 11-30-2006, 10:24 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Brendon, let's look at this a different way.

1. How do you know this was the cause of the failure?

2. Are you aware of the reliability issues of Bosch MAF's?

3. In your eyes, what makes ASP a better company?

I think it's very clear that we have lost you as a customer. I will have to accept that. However, I still want to try and educate you.
Old 11-30-2006, 10:37 AM

Default Ok...

1: MAF was fine w/out S-Flow, MAF dies in less than three weeks after putting it in. Buy new MAF, put it in, dead in three weeks time once again.

Take S-Flow out, get replacement MAF from Don Rosen (Free of charge) put panel filter back in, no problem not with over 18k miles.

2: I am now, but was not before.

3: The all mighty buck is NOT the bottom line. It is important, but not the #1 priority. Making good products, keeping customers happy, and fixing any problems customer/product immediately with out the run-around.
Old 11-30-2006, 11:07 AM

Default This is way out of left field.

"kills Bosch MAFs"

What?

Seriously, I have no idea what you are talking about.

We use ITG panel and cone filters on almost every make and model VW, Audi, and Porsche we work with here. There are way more Bosch MAFs on them then Hitachi or other makes. And if we were killing MAFs like you state, we would have an epidemic of mass scale.

Which we do not.

If you can show me some proof that ITG filter oil kills Bosch MAFs, I'll cut you a check for $300 today.

Show me a study, a statement from ITG, or 20 or so posts and I'll not only cut you a check, I'll pull the product from all the cars we offer ITG for that have Bosch MAFs.

I would have expected a noob to believe a rumor like this, but certainly not someone who has been on the forums for a while. That's why I find this bizarre.

Quick Reply: I want to add XR program to my GIAC KO4 ECU (Mbox FWIW)... can anyone do it besides AWE?