S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

If you are curious about an e46 M3 vs Camaro SS.......(Ex S4 owner.....)

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2001, 12:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default If you are curious about an e46 M3 vs Camaro SS.......(Ex S4 owner.....)

Friday 11-16 Dallas Ft. Worth on 183 headed West to the Airport at about 9:30 and about 65 degrees......

Well, I was going to pick up my buddies at the airport in my tisi/black e46 M3. I used to have a 2001 Silver/Onyx S4 6speed. I haven't really had the chance to run the M3 yet as I have been trying to wait patiently to break it in.... I have about 2800 miles on it now so I figured I should be ok.... Anyway, I am taking it easy doin about 70mph when I see someone comin up pretty quickly in the left lane.... Soon enough, a white Camaro SS with the orange twin stripes and white wheels (I think it was some special package they had) rolls up next to me and I got all tingly. Damn, those engines sound so great. It was really loud and I saw some exhaust tips (Borla I think) and there were a bevy of stickers in the rear window which I am sure were good for another 20+hp Anyway, I was a tad leery as I haven't really got to race it against any real competition. (A bunch of ricers have stopped me to talk about the car and give compliments but no real races. I think they just want to see how quick the M3 really is rather than really challenge a race) Back to the story...... You never really know what those American V8 guys are packing ... heck for about $5000 in mods, you can have an 11 sec Mustang/Camaro/Vette... and being from Houston (KING of street racing IMHO) I know that I had better bring my A game as I could easily be limping home. Anyway I knew it was on so take it from 6th to 3rd and the countdown begins... He hits it at about 60 mph and I am in right there behind him.... (he started with about a 1 car length lead because he started first) but, funny thing is....slowly I start to catch him and when when he shifted he lost about a 1/2 carlength and I still had about 2000 rpm to go (Thanks to the 8000 rpm redline....) I then passed him and the gap started to really grow as I shifted into 4th..... There were cars up ahead so I double pumped the brakes and he rolled up... He gave me the thumbs up and the cars in front of us exited..... Well, I guess he wanted redemption and I wanted to run 'em again so.... without talking we both slowed down to about 40.... I was in 2nd by then and this run we started about the same time... only the results were much different this time as I completely walked him to about 125. I think I had about 7-8 carlengths by the end. I really thought that he was hiding a can of NOS to spank me at the higher speeds but alas.... no NOS for him and no victory either. Anyway,... I started to exit for DFW and he follows me to have a chat. An older fella (I am 29 and I guess he was early 40s) and he wanted to know what kind of BMW I have and what I did to it..... (Immediately I know this guy was a poser and didn't know sh*t from shineola) So, I told him it was a stock 325i with NOENGINE MODS. I told him I bought the BMW M3 body kit and wheels.... heck, what did he know... Anyway I kinda felt bad as he was a nice guy so I complemented him on his car (remember I am a sucker for Orange!) and they do have great engines and we waved bye...... Longhorn 2 Visitors 0

Yes, I think street racing is childish and dangerous. I don't recommend it for anyone.
Old 11-19-2001, 12:31 PM

Default M3 buddy try going up against a Z06 and then tell us what happened

Later
Old 11-19-2001, 12:38 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Maybe he should race an F16, you sir are a dumb a$$
Old 11-19-2001, 12:45 PM

Why would a "VetteHater" ask someone else to race one? What is your problem?
Old 11-19-2001, 12:50 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Premature ejactulation would be my guess..
Old 11-19-2001, 12:51 PM

MUHAHAHAHA! Well said Ferris..
Old 11-19-2001, 01:00 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Nice Kill. Was it an LT1 or LS1? I know that anniv. edition with those colors

was in the LT1 builds, don't remember if the LS1s got that color combo.....It would have been nice to see how you would do against the LT4 that they snuck in a special few of those.

Again, that's a nice car. In person, it looked damn sweet that night.

FYI, have you ever seen the all orange ones with the white strips? There's one that use to run the street races off of royal....very nice looking.
Old 11-19-2001, 01:02 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll go up against a Z06 in a couple of months and tell you how many cars I put on it
Old 11-19-2001, 01:04 PM

LOL!!!
Old 11-19-2001, 01:12 PM

Default whoa there "buddy"....

The M3 is NOT the greatest thing to ever grace a garage. (My garage perhaps but not for long....) I also realize (as many car lovers do) that there lots of great cars out there besides mine. The S4 and Z06 are certainly 2 of them. You will find no hatin here. The Z06 should stomp me 0-60 and through the 1/4. That is not to say I wouldn't try to race one though. Rest easy my friend.....I just simply posted what happened this weekend. ~chilllll Winstonnnnnnn~ (******) Anyway, I am sure I would get beat by a bunch of S4's on this board! NO THANKS ZerinS4!!!

Quick Reply: If you are curious about an e46 M3 vs Camaro SS.......(Ex S4 owner.....)