S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

I'm exercising my freedom of speech on this one ....

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2006, 07:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm exercising my freedom of speech on this one ....

<ul><li><a href="https://forums.audiworld.com/s4/msgs/2517546.phtml">https://forums.audiworld.com/s4/msgs/2517546.phtml</a</li></ul>
Old 10-31-2006, 07:46 AM

Default I know this forum is a lot better with Doc than without him...

He has helped me with tuning my car over two years. The appeal of this board is that you can ask the tuners questions here and get responses without being made an *** out of. Doc has been an influence here by answering technical questions and helping anybody - regardless of the tuner they are affliated with - to help us all advance the state of the art of these cars. Without this kind of dialog, then the board will just degenerate into a BBS that talks about bling wheels and blow off valves and will ultimately lose money for Audiworld and their advertisers.
Old 10-31-2006, 07:47 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default This is not your web site. If you want to exercise your freedom of speech

you ought to buy your own domain name and pay for the hosting, then say what you want. I'm not directing this response at you specifically.

This site is owned by people who do with it however they please. If you don't like the way they manage it you're free to leave.

It's all well and good to talk about free speech and treating everyone the same, but you're posting on a privately owned web site that is moderated by people who can do whatever they wish. If they've got a bone to pick with someone and treat them differently than others, oh well, there's no requirement for anyone to post here.

The forum owners a granting you the option to speak your peace, as you've done, and I don't find anything wrong with what you're saying. But try to keep the perspective that you use this site at the convenience of the people that own it, and if they don't want you posting on the site that they own, that's their choice to make and they don't need to explain themselves.
Old 10-31-2006, 07:56 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Way to be a Downer!!! ;-)
Old 10-31-2006, 08:09 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Sadly I would have to agree.

When i first starting reading this forum years ago I found his posts to be confrontational. I have since realized that he is just honest and upfront about his opinions. He is more than willing to admit being wrong if you can show why. Even after butting heads with him in a couple of posts he has helped me tremendously by giving the basic theory about homebrew. Like many people on this forum, he goes out of his way to help without the expectation of return. And wouldn't we all agree that the tone in his posts since his return is much milder and calmer?

The owners and moderators of this site have every right to do as they please. But in this situation they may be overreacting. I have posted positive comments about Vast, as do many people on a daily basis.
Old 10-31-2006, 08:38 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Sorry. Just trying to keep some balance to the discussion.
Old 10-31-2006, 08:40 AM

WHY??? Are you the "balance police"?
Old 10-31-2006, 08:41 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

agree - i like the guy, but what it comes down to is the site owners can do as they will.
Old 10-31-2006, 08:41 AM

Yes they can. But it seems discriminatory to me. That's my point.
Old 10-31-2006, 08:52 AM

Default They don't need to explain themselves, but I gather you've NEVER received e-mails or comments ....

about "not to pimp" APR.

Anyone who posts regularly here knows who prefers whom. That is entirely natural.

I know they have the authority to do as they wish. The purpose of my post is that the treatment should be equal and fair. To me, it has not been.

It appears that I may be banned for my comments about this or promoting VAST. I can't imagine you being banned for obvious reasons. The site moderators may do as they wish and that IS their right.

1.) I don't have to agree with it.
2.) I don't condone it.
3.) I don't have to look the other way.
4.) I may be banned for it.
5.) that's their right to do so.

I'm willing to accept the consequences of bringing equalty everywhere in my life, not just AW or to my personal friend JD. That is the risk I take. I do know that I'd rather stand for something worth fighting for and accept the consequences than to tolerate the injustice of it.

Life can be lived thousands of different ways, but for the most part, people either shut their and fall in line, or speak up and declare what matters to them and what they stand for. This country wasn't built on tolerance and submission. It was built on courage and tenacity.

That is all from me on this subject. Whomever wants to retorte is more than welcomed on my part, it is no different than my original retorte to the banning.

Regards,

Patrick

Quick Reply: I'm exercising my freedom of speech on this one ....