S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

I'm exercising my freedom of speech on this one ....

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2006, 09:22 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Very well stated, SIR!!! I could not have said it better, especially the part about standing up

for something worthwhile.

Erase cognitive dissonance!!
Old 10-31-2006, 09:56 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default still, they do solicit feedback occasionally

any site owner that does not take user feedback seriously does not deserve your pageviews.
Old 10-31-2006, 04:05 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default he seem to forgot

if people keep get banned and leave the site, no one will pay for the advertise, in the end site owner can keep the site and him around.

this is not a private place as you may hink it is, this site is open to the public, and it is public forums regards less who own the site.
Old 10-31-2006, 05:40 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Since I am not a moderator of the forum I'm not privy to all the

facts on why people get banned. I also don't expect the moderators to explain why they ban someone and not somebody else. It's their forum to do with as they wish.

I wasn't responding to your post because I felt the guy was justifiably banned, I was trying to provide some perspective to the matter by looking at it from a different viewpoint.

If you think he was unfairly banned then by all means voice your opinion.
Old 10-31-2006, 05:46 PM
AudiWorld Super User

I concur.
Old 10-31-2006, 06:17 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Any idea of how many people have been banned from this site?

Or, how about the percentage of users that have been banned? I'm guessing that there could be a lot more people banned than have been and it still would not have any affect on the total viewership to this site.

And I did not say this was a "private place", I said it was privately owned. It is made available for public use, but you have no claim to useage of the site if the people that own it decide to ban you from using it.
Old 10-31-2006, 07:24 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default only the site owner know

but I know a great deal of forums user in real life has left this place, maybe it small number to them, but do you realize each time a small number mount user user left/ban the forums is less crown. You here long enough you would remember this broad use to a high traffic, now it not a lot of post to read any more
Old 11-01-2006, 06:13 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I read your posts and ask myself,

what color is the sky in your world?

Over the timeframe that I have been on this forum the number of people visiting the AW site has increased significantly. There may not be as many people in this particular part of the site, the B5 S4 forum, but look at all the other forums that have been added over time.

We obviously don't have the actual numbers, but I'm going to guess that viewership of this site has gone up, not down.

I don't hear about many people being banned, and those that do probably had it coming. In this most recent case that prompted this thread the guy decided to get into a pissing contest with a forum moderator, dumb move number one, he chose to engage the moderator on the forum versus taking another route like email, dumb move number two, then he used some expletives in his rant about that moderator, dumb move number three. Oh yes, and this person had been banned a short while before but still did those things, dumb move number four.
Old 11-01-2006, 08:56 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Default read the subject of this post carefully

<ul><li><a href="https://forums.audiworld.com/s4/msgs/2517974.phtml">the sky in your world is equally non-blue</a></li></ul>
Old 11-01-2006, 11:45 AM

Default There is so much more than you know about this Jeff. He was warned numerous times to ....

stop "pimping" VAST in prior posts long before this incident.

He had sent numerous off-line e-mails that went ignored without response from several of the moderators.

You don't know the whole story. If you did, you may look at this differently. You act as if you know THE WHOLE story and I know that ou don't.

Quick Reply: I'm exercising my freedom of speech on this one ....