S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

I'm gonna break somebody's neck

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2011, 01:24 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm gonna break somebody's neck

This freakin headlight.

A while ago my lights started flickering then all the sudden my driverside headlight went out and wouldn't come on at all. So long story short I get NEW ballasts and bulbs STILL HAVE NOTHING!!!

I can hear the ballast ignite and the other one looks great.

I'm tired of driving with my high beams on all the time and I'm out of options to the best of my knowledge.

Ideas?
Old 01-15-2011, 08:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

fuse?
Old 01-21-2011, 10:03 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

It's hard to look at myself in the mirror.......

Chris you da man. I'm officially one of THOSE guy's. You know..... the "where is the battery located guy".

Ughhhh... well they both work and everything is just frickin grand. lol thanks bro.
Old 01-24-2011, 05:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

I'm not going to laugh, because I've done that numberous times. No worries buddy.

I had an issue with my s4's abs module when I bought the car. Already knew the abs and brake lights were always on.. I used that to my advantage. Got a grand knocked down on the price for that. So after looking into the abs, turns out someone had removed the second of the three fuses... sure enough it was sitting literally right next to the spot where it was supposed to be in. I put it back in, plugged in my vag-com, cycled my ignition. And finally the abs module was communicating with the laptop.. scanned it, no codes. Shut off the ignition and all the lights went out. test drove it, since now I had an abs car. lol the brake acted funny.. rears locking up when slowing down at red lights. So took off the rear wheels, turns out the wheel sensors were allllll clogged up with rust... floating around in there, causing random and sudden sharp braking. Making me look like I dont know how slow down.

None the less, cleaned it all up.. (after of course getting the damn sensors out) Now I have an S4 that I not only love to death.. but truly enjoy its abs. hahahhaha fun to **** it off every now and then.. I'll let the car fix it self while sideways. ha.

Anyways, I'm certain that was the reason they were selling the car. Couldn't figure out why it was bucking far worse than one pissed off bull. lol

Good job on finding your headlight problem. Now you'll get to enjoy your car at night again.

Chris
Old 01-24-2011, 07:59 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Haha yeah I can drive at night AND I got it inspected so I can drive it during the day and not get pulled over for bad inspection!! For some reason I thought that the headlights were on the same fuse..... dur... because if one worked why the f wouldn't the other...... obviously not the case!

Now my car is even awesomer then ever!

I also did something most will prob look down upon but I don't care I love the way it looks! I painted my wheels... but I spray painted them black. I had aftermarket 5 spoke alloy rims that gotta be at least 5+ years old scratched and dinged up. They totally changed the whole look of the car. Before only peeps that new what an s4 was would look now everybody turns their head! With the cross/slotted disc brakes and blue calipers and black rims it almost makes my car look newer! Haha but I did this only cuz I'm gonna be buying 18's for summer driving these are my winter wonderland wheels. I'll try to post pics soon.

BUT the rims will come AFTER I do the k04, jhm fmi, clutch, flywheel, chip upgrade...... my plan is to do this within the year but who knows..... I got a wedding in 2 months sooooooo we'll see.

Yeah I got my car for 5200$ it was listed at 6900$. I was like yoo M'fer there is SMOKE coming out of the engine!
Knowing that it was just the VCG.... but it was in a accident the driver side door was smashed in. everything was fixed almost perfect. Engine wise the thing is in tip top shape. Bumper and hood need replacement but I wanna go fast before looking like I'm fast!

Nathan