S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

inmotion chip

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2005, 06:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default inmotion chip

I STFA but came up with little info on this chip. Does anyone know about it or use it?
Old 10-05-2005, 06:25 PM

Default No one is against innovation, but are you that curious or desperate?

Something that is sold on eBay in searches on google is not going to be a well tested chip that has lots of time with the manufacturer and more importantly with the buyer/users. Go with what is tried and true and benefit from others before you.

I'm not saying inmotion is ****, I don't know anything about it other than it's expensive to make a mistake.
Old 10-05-2005, 06:33 PM

Default Re: No one is against innovation, but are you that curious or desperate?

Well, i have talked with them at great lenghts and they seem legit, Very knowledgeable and helpful and have all positive feedback on ebay. Just wanted to know if anybody here had considered it...
Old 10-05-2005, 07:02 PM

Default If they are close to you, I suggest that they chip you for free and provide technical support...

It doesn't make crazy amounts of power that make GIAC seem tame, it doesn't have different features like APR, etc. There are probably just as if not smoother chips like AMS, MTM or Neuspeed.

I'm not discouraging you from getting it, but you are about to embark on a decision with potentially negative financial consquences. There is no discount or premium service provided to overcome the unknown, which is what inmotion is. When you are late to the game, you have to offer more. Price is not enough for this audience of buyers because you can give me a new chip for free that later costs me thousands of dollars in engine repair.

If you have talked to them at great lengths, then possibly posting some of their information and seeing what others here think is a good idea for forum discussion (imagine the forum being used for it's proper purpose). Even better would be to see if someone local could get chipped directly at inmotion for a temporary ECU swap run with full logs.
Old 10-05-2005, 07:04 PM
AudiWorld Super User

This man speaks the truth, and is wise. With so many tested chips out there, why go with inmotion?
Old 10-05-2005, 07:22 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Great subject line. Couldn't have said it better myself
Old 10-05-2005, 07:32 PM

Default Re: If they are close to you, I suggest that they chip you for free and provide technical support...

Unfortunately they are not close. Im in California and they are in Flordia I believe. They claim to make power with timing and 1 bar of boost. Their power claims are 313hp and 370ft lbs which is on par with everyone else. They claim to be a small company based in Austria(HQ) who have little or no overhead so they can justify a much lower price. Also they offer a 10 day money back guarantee for what its worth. Im not saying everyone rush out and but this chip but merely asking for opinions.
Old 10-05-2005, 07:36 PM

Default Actually, I don't use GIAC, I have APR.

I can't speak to statistical values for the identified cases of GIAC causing/contributing to right side turbo failure, but this is a perfect example of the known element. Why bother investing any speculation effort or wasted discussion over a potential chip that will destroy left side turbos? Swift and decisive actions will provide proof and numbers from inmotion, then they should stand behind their product for a prolonged period of time. It's not a normal practice, but it would be a realistic cost of business and a barrier to entry hurdle as a late comer to the marketplace.
Old 10-05-2005, 07:42 PM

Default Re: Actually, I don't use GIAC, I have APR.

They dont claim to be a newcomer their website claims they have been making chips since 1997. Also at one time APR was new as GIAC and all the others....<ul><li><a href="http://www.tuning-chip.at/index.htm">http://www.tuning-chip.at/index.htm</a</li></ul>
Old 10-05-2005, 07:48 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default First, it's GIAC, not GAIC

Second, turbos have been blown regardless of which chip has been in use. And some cars running GIAC (me too so no one thinks I am trying to hide something) have not had any problems. PAJohn has over 100K miles!

IMHO, Turbos are wear items (in the long run). Any chip accelerates this effect due to the increased loading (again IMHO).

People make correlations based on statistics. But are they correctly analyzed, interpreted, and then communicated correlations?

Many times not!

You want a reliable chip - stay stock!

Quick Reply: inmotion chip