S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Which insurance companies cover driving events? Just found out mine doesn't :/

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2006, 01:31 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll have to read through the policy
Old 03-14-2006, 01:42 PM
LCP
AudiWorld Expert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default If it's vague in the contract and you called about it and they have a record of the call...

...then guess whose favor that vaguery just got resolved in favor of. The answer on the phone is almost always going to be no regardless of the language in the contract. If you don't want to have an oral "no" be the final determiner of coverage, then solely read what is in the contract and rely on it -- of course it could still be pretty clear that an event isn't covered, or you might be pretty safe taking the position that an event is covered under your circumstances -- it all just depends on the language in the contract.
Old 03-14-2006, 01:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default No insurance company will willingly pay for damage done at a track...

and they shouldn't be asked to.

If you want to track your car, you need to be able to tolerate it coming out a total loss. If you can't take the financial risk, get a beater or something else you can afford to blow up and "oh well" it.

It only costs the rest of the reasonable people when bogus claims like this are submitted to insurance companies.

-Will
Old 03-14-2006, 01:52 PM
Rest In Peace

Not this garbage again...
Old 03-14-2006, 01:53 PM
Rest In Peace

Plus, they're *always* going to tell you it's not going to be covered.
Old 03-14-2006, 01:55 PM
Rest In Peace

Default Another one to check into is State Farm. They covered a track claim of mine a few years ago.

Then promptly kicked me to the curb, but at least they covered it with a smile. State Farm is usually one of the best when it comes to customer service. But, it's always a good idea to read the policy. The exclusions will be very clear.
Old 03-14-2006, 01:56 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Bahhhh, you could've ended your statement with "...willingly pay." Not sure I agree that the audi

events shouldn't be covered. It's about learning and I would love to see an accident analysis of those that have been to a school like that vs. those that haven't.

I would bet that the driver training is more important of a factor in insurance payouts than the risk exposure of driving on a track. Just a guess, though.
Old 03-14-2006, 02:07 PM
Banned

Default Food for thought...Why should a negligent driver at fault for an accident on the street be covered..

for an "accident" (with full coverage) and not a person participating in a controlled enviroment track event to enhance their driving ability? The track is a very safe place to explore the capabilities of a car and that doesn't mean challenge them in a racing situation. Am I to assume you haven't participated in an event? If not, you should and you might change your mind. I am much safer and better driver on the street due to the track events I have participated in. Just tryin hard to find some legitimacy in your statement.
Old 03-14-2006, 02:11 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Exactly, this is why most insurers tend to pay out the loss of the car (or repair costs)... but then

drop you like a rock. It's less expensive in a lot of cases to just pay it out and be done with it.

The most dangerous roads are just outside of racetracks. Too many cars are totalled by insane deer.
Old 03-14-2006, 03:13 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

and you are...?

Quick Reply: Which insurance companies cover driving events? Just found out mine doesn't :/