S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Interior Combo Opinions Wanted

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2000, 05:58 PM
Dreed

Default Interior Combo Opinions Wanted

I ordered a Silver/Silver S4 about three weeks ago and I just keep thinking to myself: "Why not get the Oynx/Silver", because it is unique, just like the car. I like the look of both. I talked to my dealership and they said that they can change the order for a little while longer, so I wanted to ask what everyone thought. Please, let it all hang out here... tell me what you think.

Thanks ahead of time!

dreed
'00 S4 to come
Old 01-24-2000, 06:02 PM
Wilber

Default Re: Interior Combo Opinions Wanted

I just got my S4 with the Silver/Silver combo. I love the color, mainly because I'll be moving south and I know it'll be much cool than the oynx interior. Truthfully the silver is more like a very light grey leather. If I was staying north of the Masion/Dixion Line it would be a hard choice. No matter what, the car will not disappoint you. Good luck

Wilber
Old 01-24-2000, 06:02 PM
Kate

Default Silver with Onyx-Silver Alcantara is a very unique & classy interior..

I love the interior of my car. The alcantara has not given me any problems. I got a little grime stain on it and it came out with a little soap and water. There are web sites for alcantara care...search the web for alcantara. If you have kids or pets or big tool/boat things loose in the car, then maybe alcantara isn't for you.
Old 01-24-2000, 06:20 PM
kev

Go for the Oynx/silver combo more unique
Old 01-24-2000, 06:34 PM
James P

I have Santorin with Onyx/Silver Alcantara - looks & feels awesome !
Old 01-24-2000, 07:17 PM
Chas

Default The top 5 reasons why I went with silver/onyx ....

5. Nice color contrast
4. Is different from most interiors
3. Is warmer in cold weather (no cold weather package)
2. Provides lateral support in turns

and the number one reason...

1. Was available on the dealers lot when I decided to buy!!

Regardless of which way you go, you'll be happy.
Old 01-24-2000, 07:20 PM
David

Default My car is the Silver - Onyx/Silver Alcantara, I get a lot of Ooohs and Aaaahs, looks very nice!

The aluminum beltline trim adds a little too, just wish Audi had done the Tip console too! Makes a very striking car. Guess I'd better like it, I bought it huh?
Old 01-25-2000, 04:02 AM
Slyvr

I love my silver/silver w/alum. trim combo,but might have gone for alcantara if not for my kids
Old 01-25-2000, 04:48 AM
SilverS4Tip

Default I have the Silver/Silver and it is the classic German combo. I love it.

I'd avoid Alacantra becuase I was told it doesn't wear that well, although it does look much more sporty.

If you're thinking resale value down the line in a few years, I'd avoid Alacantra.
Old 01-25-2000, 07:01 AM
BillV

How dod you get alum. trim with leather - thought that only came w/Alcantara interiors

Quick Reply: Interior Combo Opinions Wanted