S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

ITG S-Flo? Panel Filter?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2002, 10:01 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default shhhhh, dont' tell them!! ;-)

actualy it would be quite the opposite.. the range is pretty weaksauce if the engine has been on...

if I try switching programs in the morning (or if the car's been off for more than 20min or so) the range is decent.

Has to do with the how AM is susceptible to interference.. the new ones are supposed to be FM, I think.

-T
Old 05-03-2002, 10:02 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default don't think there is any difference hardware-wise.

<a href="http://www.taner.net/pics/s4/GIAC_IBE/">Here are pics of the IBE hardware</a>

uh, yeah... X-chip feels fast... but it feels slow since I tend to use 100 octane and XR mode a little too much ;-)

-T
Old 05-03-2002, 10:07 PM

Default I designed the S-flo and...

any car we have EVER put it on and done back to back testing has improved ET/mph in the 1/4 mile and has had improved airflow on VW tool data block 2(its the only filter setup that has shown "ANY" kind of improvement on independant AW tests,eg:better throttle response, better pull up top), but what the hell do I know???
Old 05-03-2002, 10:17 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default what happens when the engine gets heatsoaked tho?

have you done testing on a track (racetrack, not 1/4mi track :-) at all?

Like I said, my concern is having it just breathe the hot under-hood air :-/
Old 05-03-2002, 10:24 PM

Default S-Flo is installed inside the airbox...

I did some testing on my car. No real difference between that and stock setup for me. Did some rolling start runs at about 20 to 100. Not pushing as much HP as SlvrBullet though.
Old 05-03-2002, 10:28 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default ahh.. hmm... maybe i'm confusing it with another intake kit?

either way, as much as I like to beleive people, does anyone have published numbers anywhere?

and not just single runs... like... multiple back-to-back runs would be good maybe a few laps on a track even

-T
Old 05-03-2002, 10:30 PM

Default You confused with Evo. :)

That sits in the engine bay. We did like 10 runs with S-Flo. Similiar results to that of our stock setup run. Should have done VAG logs but no passengers.

Evo heatsoaks way easily. You can get one good run outta it. Soon as you go below like 40MPH, you lose the ram air effect of the intake snorkel.
Old 05-03-2002, 10:37 PM

Default the Sflo is inside the factory airbox so it has the same heatsoak as the factory paper or..

panel filter.The ITG cone in the Sflo is not exposed to anymore heat than the factory panel filter, as a matter of fact I pressure tested the entire intake on the S4(if you look at yesterdays posts you will see posts by tory MILPITAS that show my old Sflo airbox mods and mass air meter setup a full 2 years before the "pro" read it(did he really test anything I dont think so!) on an aussie site and implemented it on his KO3 whatsawhosit car! Taner I am not playing games with the 2.7tt I am the first in the 11's and I have a damn good idea how to get into the 10's on a totally daily driven car, an ITG cone will be an integral part of my setup and I am converting my car back to mass air/bailey bypass valves in the next 2 weeks! BIG things are happening right now, we have been doing tons of testing/tuning out here in philly on both KO4 and K03 cars and all of our "fast" cars will have an ITG cold air cone on them...as they say the proof is in the pudding and in this case the pudding tastes damn good! Please keep an open mind just cause people say intakes don't work, didnt stop me/champion audi's bell and galati/don istook/audisport NA etc from setting firsts/national championships/world championships/Le Mans victories and single race victories using cone type filters...Sheep are prey man, Be a predator!

mark--slvrbulletS4
Old 05-03-2002, 10:40 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default ok, my bad.. I think I was confusing S-flo with EVO

sorry :-(
Old 05-03-2002, 11:04 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Mark, sent you an Email if your online...

Quick Reply: ITG S-Flo? Panel Filter?