S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

It's BITCH time... Flame on, enough S4 content.

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2001, 09:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I don't think that's exactly his point.

Just because someone didn't make his list doesn't mean that you need to leave (blushing a little because of "And of course.. the couple that everyone should try to emulate...."). It's perfectly fine to have 1000's of people on this list, even if there's only a handful that contribute valuable/detailed (or whatever) information pertaining to our S4's (on-topic). The point of this forum is to learn and discuss about the S4, whether you wanna know if a certain wheel size will fit, what the best 1/4mi time is, or what suspension kit is best (very simplified, of course). It makes things easier if the person asking specifies what they wanna get out of the car when asking some of these questions, so that a knowledgable answer can be given, but this doesn't always happen so you just have to work with that.

What does get annoying is all the obnoxious flames (often off-topic) and the "if you're not already in the club" attitudes. Those have already gotten old, and seem to waste a lot of bandwidth lately. There's probably a lot of "lurkers" out there that wanna jump in and ask questions and learn about their car, but the flaming scares 'em away. We all need to try to keep it on-topic (or near-topic). Opinions all always welcome, but perhaps some of us can hold back on the attitude (cause it's pushing away many of the more knowledgable folks). And don't get all huffy if someone questions/challenges your opinion. We are human.

Perhaps WickdS4 went a little far about the brand new car posts (I think those posts are fine), but many of his points are right on. Just keep it real.
Old 06-27-2001, 09:06 AM

Default O.K. Mr. Walker... I'll bite.....

1. No, actually there are a few folks that have nice sites showing all sorts of wheel combo's that live here... one in peticular is awesome.

But.... how many times does someone have to ask if a tire will fit, WHEN THERE IS A FRIGGEN TIRE RACK BANNER RUNNING?

2. I also did not state that certain topics need to be segregated... simply that people have the search engine.. and there are quite a few experts that can help the 'tough' questions.

Utilization of the assets the website hosts have provided makes life easier.

3. Hell yes I want to see pictures.. but make yourself proud and find a great spot.. wallpaper of your car is cool!

Finally....

What I do with my current Audi is irrevelent.

The people I have met here I have more in common with than just a Audi, they have provided me with information, guidance, enlightenment and laughter.

Leave, no.

But.. as you can plainly see... I will also not waste bandwith...

BECAUSE IN MY OPINION... AND THAT IS THE MOST IMPORTANT ASPECT OF A PUBLIC FORUM, THAT EACH EXPRESSES AN OPINION.....

This is a meeting place of great people who all own an incredible car.
Old 06-27-2001, 09:07 AM

Default damnit, i didn't make your list

how can i go on? Who are you? the self-appointed spokesman for P.E.T.F.(people for the ethical treatment of Forums)
Old 06-27-2001, 09:08 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Killian's Red? uuugh.....try a nice micro brew, dude....oh, but then you would have to take off

the wife beater.....

: )
Old 06-27-2001, 09:08 AM

Default Can I finish my conversation with my friend?

And by the way, I said I'm going over to the A4 forum, which if you look, i did. I'm still going to keep up with stuff here because there are still a lot of informative posts.

And do me a favor, I am not looking to get into another pissing contest. So just let it go, i will. If I wanted to fight with someone, I'd call my ex-girlfriend!

Cheers.
z | b
Old 06-27-2001, 09:18 AM
AudiWorld Uber User

no I think it's curbs which can sleep at night now ;-)
Old 06-27-2001, 09:20 AM
hwj
AudiWorld Super User

Default And, in summary:

<b>Stages in the IMBL - Internet Message Board Lifecycle</b>

1. Start up with an elite clique of personal/email friends. Discussions are very tight.

2. New people join and discussion is strictly on-topic and helpful. Lots of good information is passed around. Message board is in its prime.

3. Newbies arrive and post questions that have been answered before or are stupid questions. Some old-timers are helpful, some flame.

4. Flame war erupts because of off-topic posts or personal insults. Different expectations create conflicts of interest that cause even more flames.

5. People post messages to the effect they are leaving, maybe hoping for sympathy. "And I'm taking my ball with me." They don't actually leave, though, and remain to read the responses to their goodbyes, some returning briefly to flame people. (Go to stage 4.) People compete for the most heart-wrenching goodbye. Some people just leave with no goodbyes. Some of them are missed, some not.

6. Things quieten down and the flames stop. Old-timers appeal for calm. People who "left" come back and begin discussions again. Go to stage 2.

7. People leave to start their own message board, splitting membership of the original board. The two new boards go through a period of insulting each other and either go to stage 2, 4, or simply cease to exist through lack of subscribers.
Old 06-27-2001, 09:20 AM

Default It was simply that your sig sacred me....

with all the guns and stuff.....

It also wasn't a popularity contest.
Old 06-27-2001, 09:22 AM

PWT.....
Old 06-27-2001, 09:24 AM

I'm going out first week of Sept..... we'll discuss in Aug..

Quick Reply: It's BITCH time... Flame on, enough S4 content.