S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

It's official... The Holy Grail has been found. It comes from STASiS Engineering...

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2005, 10:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default It's official... The Holy Grail has been found. It comes from STASiS Engineering...

I have a 2001.5 B5 S4 Avant with K04s and most all the other goodies. Until a couple of days ago, it was equipped with TrackSport suspension in 700/800 configuration.

This evening, Kevan and Mike over at Ingolstadt West buttoned it up with a Motorsport Kit.

Is it really that much different? You bet! Night and Day!

Is it worth the price difference? Absolutely.

Is this the ultimate suspension for the B5? I really think so.

Aside from being absolutely beautifully crafted, this kit performs like no other. (I'd had several suspensions.) The Mo'Sport stuff is exquisite in its ability to be absolutely compliant and confidence inspiring when cruising. I am not exagerating one bit when I say that it is better than stock cruise.

When you get aggressive, so does this suspension. The car stays absolutely planted, and inspiration of total confidence remains. I haven't had an opportunity to really throw the car around at speed very much, nor dial in ride height, but what I have done so far is nothing short of remarkable. This kit is an awe-inspiring upgrade which surpasses any of the others I have done, (of which there have been many).

Incidentally, my car is now wearing a set of Alcon/Stasis TrackSport brakes as well. I've not had a chance to bed them correctly, so I can't reasonably say how they work, but if the suspension is any indication, I'm all set.

Special thanks to Kevan and Mike at Ingolstadt West who have done an amazing, completely sano install, like none other I have seen online or elsewhere. If you're in SoCal, and you want Stasis, go see these guys!
Old 01-12-2005, 10:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default i wish they could make it a little more affordable....i used work at a trophy truck fab shop

and I have seen shocks lots more impressive than the mosports, although they are top notch...I do not think they should be that expensive. Triple bypass King Kongs on the other hand...with 25" of travel...those are about the same price as the mosport kit! i think the mosport kit should be priced at about 2500 bucks...
Old 01-12-2005, 10:43 PM

Default $2500?! That's wishful thinking, to say the least.

Have you seen and laid hands on the Mo'Sport components? There is no evidence that anything was sparred when putting together this kit. The hardware is pristine, and the fit is gorgeous. The performance is... well.. the Holy Grail. You're also forgetting that the economy of scale is not there for Stasis on these products. We are a shrinking group at this point, so ammortizing the component cost the way your truck shop stuff is, is just not going to happen.
Old 01-12-2005, 10:44 PM
AudiWorld Super User

congrats
Old 01-12-2005, 10:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default never thought about the demand part of the deal, you are absolutely right about that

that does make it fair to have the price it does then, but they must be making a killing on each set, given they dont sell many sets, im sure it evens out. Beautiful stuff to say the least.
Old 01-12-2005, 11:37 PM

Default Jealous====>

:-P
Old 01-12-2005, 11:56 PM
AudiWorld Super User

yah since everyone and their brother runs baja grade stuff
Old 01-13-2005, 12:27 AM

Default 65% repost

how are those guys ?
Old 01-13-2005, 03:36 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Sounds like you are pleased. Congrat's!!!

Welcome to the club. :-))

Please give us all an updated report once you have had a chance to set them up a little and test them out.

Also, photos? Especially of the way the reservors were handled.

Enjoy!

Stephen
Old 01-13-2005, 04:39 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

awesome! makes me wish i spent the extra cash for the mo'sports :<

Quick Reply: It's official... The Holy Grail has been found. It comes from STASiS Engineering...