S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Just installed the 6 CD changer from Clair...instructions inside!

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2000, 07:17 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just installed the 6 CD changer from Clair...instructions inside!

It took about a half hour. Here are a couple hints for peaple who want to do this for your self.

1) Take the trunk mat out and also take off the plastic piece at the rear of the trunk.

2) Pull the back of the side panel out (the little black thing in back will pop right off).

3) Have a 1/4 inch 8mm socket and extension to remove the 4 nuts. The repair manual says there are phillips head screws...nope, 8mm nuts.

4) After taking out the 4 screws with the 8mm heads, pull the frame out as much as you can. I didn't unhook the 6 wires...lazy I guess

5) Set the orientation screws on the cd changer to the vertical setting, as per the instructions included with the changer.

6) Insert the cd changer into its opening (it's the top one), and fasten the screws. You should have a narrow bladed phillips screwdriver. The rear driver side screw is a pain to get in with a moduler screwdriver. The shaft of the screwdriver needs to be small, as that one screw is a pain. I did get them all in though...

7) Connect the DIN cable to the connector in the car. I put the little foam tube over the connector after the two ends were in place together, buy putting it first completely on the cd side of the cable and then sliding it back over after the two ends were together.

8) Put the chassis back into place and put the screws back in. The chassis goes under the amp screw, not on top. The amp screw is the front top one.

9) Push the side back into place and put the little back thingy back on....you'll know what I mean.

10) Put the rear black plastic piece back on (I was missing a screw), and then put the mat back in the trunk.

11) Put CD's in the carrier and go for a drive!!!!

I couldn't get mine to skip at all, and I tried real hard on some bad bumpy roads.

Took about a half hour to do.

Doug