S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

k04 upgrade...

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2010, 07:56 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default k04 upgrade...

I purchased these:

http://bit.ly/9sDnSs

Shop has the engine torn out and the tech says they won't fit without cutting something off the water inlet?

Ideas???
Old 08-12-2010, 09:25 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by NetMasta10bt
I purchased these:

http://bit.ly/9sDnSs

Shop has the engine torn out and the tech says they won't fit without cutting something off the water inlet?

Ideas???
Since these are Chinese K04s who knows what needs to be done for them to be installed.
Old 08-14-2010, 10:26 AM
AudiWorld Super User

What has the seller told you?
Old 08-17-2010, 10:12 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Flyboy
What has the seller told you?
"These are built to OEM Borg Warner specifications and follow those strict specs. This kit comes with the inlet pipes.
Thank you."

I thought the K04's were bolt on -- is there something more to it?
Old 08-17-2010, 10:33 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Well I got off the fone with BuyAutoParts -- they seem nice and helpful, and reiterated that these are direct bolt on, they just require a larger oil line... Told the shop and gave them there number...

Hopefully this will end well.
Old 08-22-2010, 08:51 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Ive got an s4 what should i do

I've got an audi 2001 s4, with a 110xxxkms (not miles) the engine is still pretty young. Its completely stock and its manual.
Im looking to purchase some upgrades now and im just wondering what should Chip and exhaust I should be getting. I see alot of people with blown turbos and i'm wondering if I shouldn't do the chip. What you guys think?

Also what Chip and What exhaust you guys think are the best for a b5 s4?

Thanks alot for your help guys!
Old 08-23-2010, 09:20 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default I hope it ends well, too

Well I got off the fone with BuyAutoParts -- they seem nice and helpful, and reiterated that these are direct bolt on, they just require a larger oil line... Told the shop and gave them there number...

Hopefully this will end well.

But I've got a bad feeling about it.

K04's are direct bolt ons...to the exhaust. They do need new inlets and other bits.

Good luck, and I'd give these things like a 1,000 mile break in period with out going heavy boost (greater than 10psi).

I mean, afterall, I did buy a $37 knock off of a B&M short shifter (they copied the usermanual and installation instructions), but that job took like 3 hours of my time, it was not an engine pull.

Again, good luck.
Old 10-03-2010, 02:15 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

well its finally out of the shop. apparently they didn't know how to reclock the turbos' ??

had the TBB blow off once, reseated it and tightened up well (so I thuoght) and it blew off again. I REALLY do not not to blow these turbo's.

What is the recommended cure here? The APR Bi-Pipe? Or can I get some better clamps and use hairspray?!

Also had a weird thing happen when accelerating the dash would beep twice and the ebrake 'brake' light would flash a couple times...

Thanks for the help.
Old 10-03-2010, 07:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

well its finally out of the shop. apparently they didn't know how to reclock the turbos' ??

had the TBB blow off once, reseated it and tightened up well (so I thuoght) and it blew off again. I REALLY do not not to blow these turbo's.

What is the recommended cure here? The APR Bi-Pipe? Or can I get some better clamps and use hairspray?!

Also had a weird thing happen when accelerating the dash would beep twice and the ebrake 'brake' light would flash a couple times...

Thanks for the help.
Check your brake fluid level dude.
Old 10-04-2010, 04:40 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by DAS4
Check your brake fluid level dude.
wow I'm a retard. good check, thanks.

but more importantly. I do not want to blow my throttle body boot (TBB) off anymore. Need a fix before I can take her out on the road. Scares me to think it will blow off at night and I can't limp my why home...

Seriously folk, need some help here. Do I really need an APR Bi-Pipe? Or can I get away with some better clamps and clean off the throttle body with some gasoline and stick it with some hairspray and some tighter clamps?

Mean time I'm gonna take out the AMS ECU and replace with stock until I get this figured out. Not worth blowing 2500$ in work/parts.

Quick Reply: k04 upgrade...