S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Lets try that picture again!

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2000, 05:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Its a bit more touchy than that....

Hey Chris ,Grow up and if you want a piece of me, I'm at C&G every day around 4 PM. I'll be looking for YOU!
Old 03-26-2000, 05:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Well, i have already fliped and could say more...

but not on the board...

Now i'm inbetween a rock and a hard place becuase you've acted very polite to me, and act i did not extend to you. I'm not taking back my comments on what i think about your decision, but lets just leave it at that. i live far away from therenow, and hopefully farther next year so lets jsut leave it at that. I'm gonna have to decline on that offer, thanks anyway

CHris
Old 03-26-2000, 05:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

Read my other post, and we can end this...
Old 03-26-2000, 06:44 PM

Default Re: SORRY Chris, DIDN'T KNOW YOU WERE THE S4 GOD...

First of all, you act like since you are the first (which i'm sure you are probably the 15th) person to put the ABT spoiler on your S4, that if somebody sees a picture and likes it they should ask your permission. You actually think that when Tom Z said he wanted to "Copy" your car, he actually means COPY IT. Big deal Chris, he liked your wing and wanted to get the same one. I'm sure everything you do to your car he won't want to do to his. Nobody wants a car exactly like somebody else's.

BTW Chris...This S4 board does not consist of every S4 owner in the world, so just because you are the first to post a picture or say something id DOES NOT mean you are the first to do something, AND i'm SURE you saw the ABT wing on another S4 (or similar car) so don't make it like this was some kind of original idea of yours.

Try not to take everything so literaly, like "COPY" your car and I like "YOUR" wing.

Anyway, I do not intend to fight with people on this board, and I thank everybody who has offered help in response to my questions.

Sorry Chris...just "MINDING MY BUISNESS"
JUiCE
Old 03-26-2000, 07:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: SORRY Chris, DIDN'T KNOW YOU WERE THE S4 GOD...

Juice, your missing parts of the details. THis whole thing didnt start on the board or w/ pictures of my s4. I was hoping i never saw the car or had to talk/meet w/ the person. I made my statements based on what my friends told me when i questioned why they asked about my car. They said that a person they knew saw my car up at the repair shop, fell in love w/ it and decided that they had to have the same one and that they felt bad that they were going to copy it but that they liked it too much. Based on that i have to assume that this person is going to basicly duplicate what i had done to my car, and i stand by that this is lame. Its not about uniqueness. I dont know tom z's intentions, and as of right now i dont care, my gripes have been spoken,and thats i'll i wanted to say. Its a little different when you arnt in the situation. I take my friends word when they say that he wanted to copy the car, if thats not the situation, well then its not, but thats what i made my statements assuming.

As far as you saying dont take things so literaly, i'll take things how they are written. I can read what you wrote, i know what the capitalization meant.

I had a bone to pick with one person, and thats it. If there was a form or Private messege i woudl have used it, but thus was not the case. I'm sorry you jumped in on my question without realizing that there was more behind what i was saying (not that you would have known).

I've expressed my opinion even though it was not what most ppl would consider kind, and now lets leave this part of the post to the archives. I'm not interested in arguing anymore.

chris
Old 03-26-2000, 07:40 PM

Re: Ok Chris, Sounds good. But you still might see that wing on my nogaro S4 in a few months
Old 03-26-2000, 07:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: good to hear. I think the ABT wing is by far the best looking wing availible...

and i have reccomended it to everyone that asks. If you do get it, here are the 2 big deals to watch. Rubbing from the mounting brackets is the one. the second is make sure they position it correctly. The one on TOM is positioned correctly from what i can gather from the pic, mine is sadly not (i have no idea, i had the same wing put on my last a4 by the same shop as who did it to my s4). On my S4 the wing is mounted about 1/4-1/2 inch to far rearward and looks somewhat awkward. i may get around to fixing it, but probably not.
Chris (back to his sane ways)
Old 03-26-2000, 07:48 PM
mpm

Actually, I think Vijay was 1st with a wing (MTM?)
Old 03-27-2000, 05:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: Vijay was a few weeks earlier, he has a Reiger wing FWIW

i dont claim to be the first w/ a wing, just the ABT one, and i dont want ppl to think that what i'm saying is that i came up with the idea to put a wing on S4, because that obviously isnt the truth.