S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Lidatek LE30 users -- is the dual transponder kit needed? If you have the single kit, do you

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2004, 09:43 AM
Stätus Josh

Lidatek ROCKS!!! We have them in stock here if anyone needs a kit. We will match any sale prices too
Old 12-02-2004, 09:45 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The sensitivity is improved on the LE-30 such that two are not needed.
Old 12-02-2004, 09:50 AM
RKA
AudiWorld Uber User

Default ::looks away sheepishly::

Well, I kinda got them both. I got the ZR3, but never got around to installing it. When the group buy for the LE30 came around, I liked the smaller packaging and simplicity of the LE30 (and reports made it seem sufficient).

The LE30 has the single front sensor (very small), the brain (small), the speaker (which gets hidden), and a single status LED.

The ZR3 has 3 large front transponders, a rear transponder (which I probably wouldn't bother installing), the brain (easily 2x's the size of the lidatek), and a display unit. The interior of my S is not cluttered with electronic gadgetry (no boost gauge, no satellite radio, no ipod, etc.) with exception to the V1, and the toyguy remote display. The thought of adding the ZR3 display just killed me.

So the thinking is that the LE30 will go in the S, and the ZR3 will join my 8500 in the beater. The more I think about it though...the ZR3 might end up on eBay.
Old 12-02-2004, 09:58 AM
RKA
AudiWorld Uber User

Default Can you elaborate?

I thought the issue was the beam width of the laser was very narrow, and you might not get enough spread to cover more than 50% of the front of the car. So sensitivity isn't as much of an issue as blanketing the front of the car with enough receivers to pick up a laser beam.

Or are we counting on the officer to move his hand enough that a single beam will eventually paint the entire frontal area of the car as his hand moves?
Old 12-02-2004, 10:03 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default you sound as bad as i am about buying stuff and not installing it:p

I have about 5k worth of mods in the garage not on the car

not enough time or too lazy, not sure which...
Old 12-02-2004, 10:20 AM
RKA
AudiWorld Uber User

Default Yeah, I am.

Got used Euros last spring...still sitting in their boxes. Got a used Twin2 last July...just picked it up in October. It's been in the trunk of my Honda since. Took me a year to install my ToyGuy shifter, and 6 months to install the TG V1 remote display. Still have the CD changer from my A4 sitting on a bookshelf. I got the S over 2 years ago.

However if it's important, it'll get done immediately. The V1 got hardwired the first week I had the S! :-P
Old 12-02-2004, 10:38 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default LMAO. you're are too funny. Here's mine-

toyguy V1 remote display, had for maybe 18months, not installed

satellite radio -- had for about 16mths, not installed

nav+ -- had for about 11 months -- not installed

hands-free cell phone kit -- 6 months -- not installed (never opened box)

upgraded efk to replace the cheap one that's in there -- 8 months -- not installed (never opened box)

water injection -- 7 months -- not installed

plx m500 wideband -- 3-4 months -- not installed (never opened box)

rs4 seats -- 2 months -- not installed

2 sets of oz wheels -- neither have tires on them.

Although, I must admit, I have my interior torn apart now so i will get the nav+, the hands-free cell, and the remote v1 display finished up by saturday I made a promise to not buy another thing until all this stuff ^^^^^ was installed but the sale price on the lidatek is calling my name, hard!
Old 12-02-2004, 10:41 AM
RKA
AudiWorld Uber User

Default Well, you know...

You do have to wire up some stuff in the cabin...and while you have stuff apart, you could knock this off.

Course that would give you an excuse to drag out whatever you're working on right now, until the LE30 shows up. :-P
Old 12-02-2004, 10:44 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default LOL, which is worse -- having the car apart waiting for mods to install or driving the car and

not installing the mods you've already purchased
Old 12-02-2004, 10:45 AM
RKA
AudiWorld Uber User

I think either way you're still a lazy SOB! :-P

Quick Reply: Lidatek LE30 users -- is the dual transponder kit needed? If you have the single kit, do you