S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Local dealership had at least 8 S4's on the lot????? Why (more)

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2000, 02:50 PM
Mr. Wizzard

Default Local dealership had at least 8 S4's on the lot????? Why (more)

It seems like lots of people are waiting for S4's. I did a few months ago. At a local dealership (I didn't purchase my car there because of their attitude) there were at least 8 S4's on the lot today when I drove by (Silver, Black, Imola, Red) Why wait????
Old 02-06-2000, 03:10 PM
TurboX2

Which dealership is this. I have a buddy who is desperatly looking for one. Thankx.
Old 02-06-2000, 04:22 PM
DanP

Default Re: Local dealership had at least 8 S4's on the lot????? Why (more)

Yes please! What dealership....CA?
Old 02-06-2000, 04:34 PM
Mr. Wizzard

Hoffman in East Hartford, CT
Old 02-06-2000, 06:38 PM
Jeff Scott

There seems to be a more that a few S4's sitting on lots in CT. I have been to Hoffman my self. I happen to go there just about everyday at lunch and drool over the S4's. At this time they have 1 yellow 1 nargo 2 red 1 black and 1 dark blue. I too ran into attitude when i went there. I stood in the showroom for 15 mins and left after i relized that they did not want to saw me a car. I'm in love with this car. I will be in the market for one at the end of March. At that time I will be picking the Yellow or Nargo Blue. I have done everything but the drive the car so far. Since i was not going to be ready til march i did not want to waste anyones time but they could of least talk to me. Does anyone know of a decent dealer in CT that will do right by me??? Thanks.

Jeff S.
S4 owner as of April 2000
Old 02-06-2000, 06:39 PM
Jeff Scott ' Senna Lives '

There seems to be a more that a few S4's sitting on lots in CT. I have been to Hoffman my self. I happen to go there just about everyday at lunch and drool over the S4's. At this time they have 1 yellow 1 nargo 2 red 1 black and 1 dark blue. I too ran into attitude when i went there. I stood in the showroom for 15 mins and left after i relized that they did not want to saw me a car. I'm in love with this car. I will be in the market for one at the end of March. At that time I will be picking the Yellow or Nargo Blue. I have done everything but the drive the car so far. Since i was not going to be ready til march i did not want to waste anyones time but they could of least talk to me. Does anyone know of a decent dealer in CT that will do right by me??? Thanks.

Jeff S.
S4 owner as of April 2000
Old 02-06-2000, 07:52 PM
TurboX2

Do you know how much they are asking for ? MSRP or over!?!
Old 02-07-2000, 03:22 AM
Jeff Scott ' Senna Lives '

Default Re: Do you know how much they are asking for ? MSRP or over!?!

Sorry TurboX2. They would not give me the time of day. I would think that they are at MSRP or very close for some reason the S4's are just sitting on there lot and last night i stopped by Valenta Audi in Watertown,CT and they had 2 black 1 green 2 sliver 1 red and there have another lot that i did not stop at but did see another S4 sitting in that lot as i drove by.
Old 02-07-2000, 03:52 AM
Bill Shaffer

Default Give Hoffman another chance

I bought from them in 96. My salesman was Steve Gilligan and he was good to work with. He is now the General Manager and I think if you could talk to him you could work things out. Don't give up on them yet; you might have caught them at a bad time. If you live in the HFD area you are going to want to service there instead of driving to Wallingford or Springfield.

Bill Shaffer (Mansell still lives)
Old 02-07-2000, 05:33 AM
Jeff Scott (Senna Lives)

Default Re: Give Hoffman another chance

I just might talk to him. When the time comes to put the money down i will give them a shot at getting my check. Thanks for writing back. I live closer to Watertown "Valenta Audi" but I work less that 5 mins from Hoffman.

Senna Lives. Mansell could not beat him in the rain.

Quick Reply: Local dealership had at least 8 S4's on the lot????? Why (more)